Finally, a working Qbone! I booted RT11 v5.5.

Robert Myers

May 15, 2024, 9:28:57 PMMay 15
to UniBone
With Joan's help, it was determined that my Qbone was suffering from catastrophic errors, and the best solution (cost effective) was to order another Qbone.  Joan made sure that it was put through as many tests possible before it was shipped.

After swapping Qbone cards, I repopulated my 11/83 and started the system up, going into ODT mode during self test and then ran the RT11v5.5 script.  I had to rush to my console terminal after the machine rebooted to get back into ODT.  Once there, I was able to Boot DL0 and RT11 came right up.

I'm in the process of downloading various RT11 docs so I can get familiar with the OS and its development tools now.  I plan to check out the 2.11BSD script to see if it will run.  I tried to run the included Unixv6 script, but found out its for the 11/23 (LTC issue among others).

I really appreciate the effort that Joan went through for me.   I'm now a happy camper and will be experimenting with the different scripts and OSes.

Bob