KDJ11-A CPU

Cliff Miller

Oct 29, 2022, 10:27:32 AM10/29/22
to UniBone

The Qbone paired nicely with a KDJ11-A cpu board which has no RAM, ROM, or serial port. I used them in a H9270-Q backplane with no external bus signals, just a PC-AT power supply.

The board was configured to boot to ODT then the Qbone provided a DL11 serial console (using the “ pwr “ command to re-init(?) the cpu once emulation was established).

I was able to run the xxdp_dl0 script with this configuration.

Several bus grant cards (3) are necessary with the Qbus-Qbus backplane to provide a clearance layer for CPU to Qbone.  Joerg provides design files to order homemade boards from your favorite PCB supplier - I used JLPCB / very economical.