Call for Participation: Policy & FLOSS for the Commons, mid-March, Barcelona

Samer

Feb 21, 2016, 5:20:02 PM2/21/16
to unhosted
Dear all,

I think that the following call might be of interest to some members of the list. Please, feel free to disseminate it (thanks!):

Call for Participation: Policy & FLOSS for the Commons

We invite you to participate in the forthcoming international workshop “Commons Collaborative Economies: Policies, Technologies and City for the People” in Barcelona, March 11-13. This event if organized by the P2Pvalue project in collaboration with the Barcelona municipality.

This interdisciplinary workshop will follow up the previous workshop FLOSS4P2P, this time expanding the focus to policy. It will provide an opportunity for policy people to interact with the technical teams of Free/Libre/Open Source Software (FLOSS) platforms for commons-based peer production communities, and to get a deep dive into how to promote the commons approach to collaborative economy from institutions. We have three aims:

  1. Highlight the relevance of the commons-oriented model within the collaborative economy

  2. Build policy recommendations for the European Commission concerning the regulation of the collaborative economy

  3. Provide technical guidelines to build software platforms for collaborative communities

The workshop will include panels on relevant topics, unconference dynamic spaces, a hackathon, and working groups to draft the mentioned policy and technical documents.

We welcome proposals for:

  • Lightning talks (2m): summarise your idea & receive feedback from the audience

  • Leading Discussion (20-30m): gather those interested in your project/tech/policy/research, introduce it to the group, and discuss

  • Participatory sessions (30m-1h): engage the interdisciplinary attendees in co-creating, playing or creative  dynamic sessions

Please email: in...@dimmons.net with your proposals, deadline Feb 29.

You may find additional info at http://procomuns.net/en/

We hope you will be able to join to help pushing forward the transition to the commons!

Thank you

The P2Pvalue crew

--
Samer | @sh3v3k | http://samer.hassan.name

"We are the ones we have been waiting for" (June Jordan)