remoteStorage.js 1.0.0 released

Sebastian Kippe

Nov 6, 2017, 12:05:50 PM11/6/17
to unho...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We just released version 1.0.0 of remoteStorage.js, exactly 7 years
after Michiel's inception of the project. And we couldn't be happier
with the results.

You can read all about it here:
https://community.remotestorage.io/t/remotestorage-js-1-0-0-released/414

We also published a guide for upgrading your apps:
https://community.remotestorage.io/t/how-to-upgrade-to-rs-js-1-0-from-0-14-or-earlier/413

This is the most stable and full-featured release yet, and we now
officially support connecting a Dropbox or Google Drive account in
addition to connecting remoteStorage accounts (with some caveats, of
course).

This means that unhosted web apps can meet users where they are right
now, instead of imposing an obscure new protocol on them. But at the
same time, users who do want to use this protocol can exercise complete
control over how, where, and by whom their personal data is stored.

Furthermore, we considerably improved the developer experience with this
release, and we worked hard on a whole new documentation site:
https://remotestoragejs.readthedocs.io

We'd be happy if you checked out the project, especially if you
considered using it in the past, but ran into problems (or straight-up
walls) on the way. Any and all questions will be answered on the
community forums and #remotestorage on Freenode IRC. And any feedback,
both positive and negative, is most appreciated, of course.

If you like, we'd also appreciate your sharing the project on social
networks like Twitter or the fediverse. You can find us e.g. at
https://twitter.com/remotestorage_ and https://kosmos.social/@remotestorage

On behalf of the whole rs.js core team, I'd like to express our sincere
thanks and respect to everyone in the community who helped with
progressing remoteStorage in any way during the last 7 years! You are
all amazing, and we're honored to be a productive part of this movement.

Cheers,
Basti

Giovanni P

Nov 6, 2017, 8:33:35 PM11/6/17