Re: [CrisisMappers] Re: Per Jen's suggestion in comments, we'd love your thoughts here for Global Pulse

1 view

Sara Farmer

May 1, 2011, 3:29:44 AM5/1/11
to unglobalpul...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

I've created a GitHub space ("shunt") for the toolset design (and to hold the smaller Global Pulse tools that we'll be building over the next year or so).  The wiki is here: https://github.com/global-pulse/shunt/wiki

It's a little early to be creating the overall toolset design at the moment (we need to watch what the global pulse analysts are doing a bit more), but please feel free to contribute:
  • suggestions for this design,
  • to the the list of tools that we're likely to need in the toolkit and
  • to the list of existing tools that we could link to the GP platform.
Thank you,

Sara.

On 04/30/2011 10:36 PM, Nick Arnett wrote:

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Sara Farmer <sara....@btinternet.com> wrote:

* Build the toolset (where sensible) in Python.

So... I'm a Python guy and quite interested in this sort of thing.  But I'm not quite getting the big picture here.  Just looked through the material on github and I'm still not clear.  Is there a high-level description of the technology somewhere?  I think I grasp the problem it's trying to solve, but not how it is proposed to be solved.

Nick