Global Pulse codejams on Monday nights, starting in New York

Sara Farmer

Jul 15, 2011, 11:48:24 AM7/15/11
to rapi...@googlegroups.com, unglobal...@googlegroups.com, puls...@googlegroups.com, nycpyth...@meetup.com, vande...@un.org, to...@adaptivepath.com, p...@adaptivepath.com
Hi all,

We've spent so long talking about having a regular UN Global Pulse codejam that we're in danger of never starting. So we're starting.  From this Monday coming, we'll be swapping beer and pizza / pasta for help with interfaces and coding on the Global Pulse HunchWorks project.  Adaptive Path have spent the last 5 weeks building out some really cool UX designs for us on what's rapidly becoming a revolutionary tool in this space (assistive intelligence algorithms mapped on to hypothesis formation in a human+bot development community), and we need help turning these into reality.

We're working primarily in Python/Django.  The github for this work is https://github.com/global-pulse/HunchWorks - we have literally dozens more pages and wireframes to add to this, but the designs at https://github.com/global-pulse/HunchWorks/tree/master/design should give a first flavour of where we're going.

We've also been hosting discussions about HunchWorks on the gp-ux googlegroup (http://groups.google.com/group/unglobalpulse-ui) - from today, these discussions are shifting to a new googlegroup, hunchworks, at http://groups.google.com/group/hunchworks

The first couple of sessions will be talking about where we are and what we're building.  I've started a sign-up sheet for them at https://docs.google.com/a/unglobalpulse.org/document/d/1oAl3DYx2xEa2rekZ6xfhMx1aSzLYByiJ096-OUUXDW4/edit?pli=1&hl=en_US - please come join us in something truly amazing!

Thank you,

Sj.

PS RapidFTR guys - my apologies for not making it to a RapidFtr evening for a while - I've been learning to weld and my course times have clashed with the coding sessions. Will be back just as soon as I've mastered both mig and tig...