dates in the calendar (Córdoba)

Lila Pagola

May 19, 2011, 11:36:07 PM5/19/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com
Buenas!

Dave, Gez: I was checking the calendar, just for include the url in a
general mail for argentinian mailing lists, and I found several dates
that we changed :)
Definitive events and dates in Córdoba are:

Workshop at Spilimbergo school
Monday 30 from 18 to 21
Tuesday 31 from 11 to 14 (at computer lab, optional) and 18 to 21 (general)
Oriented to design students.
contact: tall...@escuelaspilimbergo.edu.ar

Wednesday 1 10 hs
Talk at UBP (Campus)
contact: caractert...@gmail.com
Oriented to general public.

Workshop at Espacio Canvas
Thursday 2 10 to 16hs
En Tienda Dadá Mini - Achaval Rodriguez 250 - Galería San Plácido
contact: ho...@espaciocanvas.com.ar
Oriented to professional designers not specialized in typography

Free Typography Meeting
Friday 3 19 hs
Spilimbergo school - City of arts
contact: tall...@escuelaspilimbergo.edu.ar
Oriented to general public.

Workshop Design of collaborative typography
Saturday 4 - 10 a 17hs
Estudio Alfar alfa - Gral. Bustos 1026. Cofico.
contact: caractert...@gmail.com
Oriented to professional designers specialized in typography

Thanks!

Dave Crossland

May 20, 2011, 3:29:18 AM5/20/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

On 20 May 2011 04:36, Lila Pagola <lilap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dave, Gez: I was checking the calendar, just for include the url in a
> general mail for argentinian mailing lists, and I found several dates
> that we changed :)

Thanks! I've updated the calendar with these details now :)

> Wednesday 1 10 hs
> Talk at UBP (Campus)
> contact: caractert...@gmail.com
> Oriented to general public.

How long does that event last?

--
Cheers
Dave

Lila Pagola

May 20, 2011, 10:13:49 AM5/20/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com
Hola Dave,

> Thanks! I've updated the calendar with these details now :)
>
>> Wednesday 1 10 hs
>> Talk at UBP (Campus)
>> contact: caractert...@gmail.com
>> Oriented to general public.
>
> How long does that event last?
I don't know ... Seba?

>> Free Typography Meeting
>> Friday 3 19 hs
>> Spilimbergo school - City of arts
>> contact: tall...@escuelaspilimbergo.edu.ar
>> Oriented to general public.
>
> How long does that event last?
Around 22hs. We have 5 talks 20-30 minutes each, some initial delay
and some questions ...
We can stay at school till 22.30 :)

Dave, did you see I let an "optional" activity in the computer lab, at
Spilimbergo school? Despite your preference - I guess-, but I
confirmed with the other teachers there this will very important, and
it's also for me regarding to put in "value" the free software
installation there, that nobody uses more than me ... So, do you need
the latest version of Inskcape for this, or a older one will be fine?
anything else regarding free software and computers?

thanks!

Caracter Tipográfico

May 20, 2011, 12:50:32 PM5/20/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com
Hola Gente,
Hola Dave,

>> Wednesday 1 10 hs
>> Talk at UBP (Campus)
>> contact: caractert...@gmail.com
>> Oriented to general public.
>
> How long does that event last?
I don't know ... Seba?
Around one hour and questions... it's ok? if you need more time its ok too.

For Workshop Design of collaborative typography, you need some particular stuff?

thanks!

Dave Crossland

May 20, 2011, 11:05:54 PM5/20/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com, Caracter Tipográfico
On 20 May 2011 17:50, Caracter Tipográfico

<cont...@caractertipografico.com.ar> wrote:
> Hola Gente,
> Hola Dave,
>>
>>> Wednesday 1 10 hs
>>> Talk at UBP (Campus)
>>> contact: caractert...@gmail.com
>>> Oriented to general public.
>>
>> How long does that event last?
>
> Around one hour and questions... it's ok? if you need more time its ok too.

That's good!

> For Workshop Design of collaborative typography, you need some particular
> stuff?

Just a projector will be okay as it is a lecture; a blackboard or
whiteboard for drawing would be fine too :-)

Cheers
Dave

Dave Crossland

May 20, 2011, 11:10:51 PM5/20/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com, Lila Pagola
On 20 May 2011 15:13, Lila Pagola <lilap...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Free Typography Meeting
>>> Friday 3 19 hs
>>> Spilimbergo school - City of arts
>>> contact: tall...@escuelaspilimbergo.edu.ar
>>> Oriented to general public.
>>
>> How long does that event last?
>
> Around 22hs. We have 5 talks 20-30 minutes each, some initial delay
> and some questions ...
> We can stay at school till 22.30 :)

:-)

> Dave, did you see I let an "optional" activity in the computer lab, at
> Spilimbergo school? Despite your preference - I guess-, but I
> confirmed with the other teachers there this will very important, and
> it's also for me regarding to put in "value" the free software
> installation there, that nobody uses more than me ... So, do you need
> the latest version of Inskcape for this, or a older one will be fine?
> anything else regarding free software and computers?

The event sounds great!

I believe that simply the latest version of Inkscape will be enough. I
hope to have some new Inkscape Extensions and also screencasts of
FontForge prepared by then so that students can work in Inkscape
mainly and then easily move to FontForge. Installing the Extensions
should be possible easily and 'on the fly' and without root access,
and students can use FontForge at home.

Cheers
Dave