Córdoba

1 view

Dave Crossland

Apr 30, 2011, 5:37:37 PM4/30/11
to understandingfonts-argentina-2011
Hi,

Lila Pagola is a libre graphics advocate in Córdoba who is also
helping to organize some events... Hopefully we won't get any
overlap :)

Cheers
Dave

gespe...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2011, 6:08:05 PM4/30/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com
Dave: I already talked to Martin Eschoyez, who's helping in Córdoba.
He knows Lila and they'll be in touch to coordinate and avoid
overlaps.

2011/4/30 Dave Crossland <d.cro...@gmail.com>:

lila pagola

May 2, 2011, 2:43:46 PM5/2/11
to understandingfonts-argentina-2011
Hi G, Dave,

Nice to meet new people thanks to free software and design!
I was talking with Martín Eschoyez in last Friday, and we have almost
a complete proposal for Dave in Córdoba, including two or three
workshop for several profiles (students, professional designer,
experimental calligraphic) and a common talk with some local
participation ...

So, we are waiting confirmation for place and dates, and probably
tomorrow we are ready to began thinking some general communication
about the event.
Do you think is a good idea to coordinate that, using similar
strategies and even design?

Other doubt we have here is how to select people in case of more
interested than possible (place dimensions, computers available,
workshop "environment"). We are thinking of offering the workshop free
for students of the school of design (it's a public and free school)
and paid (a very affordable amount) going as donation as Martín told
me for free font design, if I understand well.

One possible solution is make something like a "call for designers"
and select people with better skills ...

And, the last ... I insist is a good idea to invite all people working
on this to join this group. I think is a very good excuse to continue
in contact after Dave left us ...

So, I look for your news.
best,

gespe...@gmail.com

May 2, 2011, 3:04:56 PM5/2/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com
Hola Lila. Mucho gusto! :-)
Martin just passed me the tentative dates and I added them to the
calendar. I filled the whole day, without specifying hours. As soon as
you have that info confirmed let me know so I update the calendar.

If you use jabber/gtalk add me: gespe...@gmail.com

G.

Dave Crossland

May 2, 2011, 3:12:55 PM5/2/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

On 2 May 2011 11:43, lila pagola <lilap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice to meet new people thanks to free software and design!

:-)

> I was talking with Martín Eschoyez in last Friday, and we have almost
> a complete proposal for Dave in Córdoba, including two or three
> workshop for several profiles (students, professional designer,
> experimental calligraphic) and a common talk with some local
> participation ...

Wow, that's great!

> So, we are waiting confirmation for place and dates, and probably
> tomorrow we are ready to began thinking some general communication
> about the event.

:-)

> Do you think is a good idea to coordinate that, using similar
> strategies and even design?

Sure!

> Other doubt we have here is how to select people in case of more
> interested than possible (place dimensions, computers available,
> workshop "environment"). We are thinking of offering the workshop free
> for students of the school of design (it's a public and free school)
> and paid (a very affordable amount) going as donation as Martín told
> me for free font design, if I understand well.

Yes, the money can be donated to the TUG Libre Font Fund.

> One possible solution is make something like a "call for designers"
> and select people with better skills ...

Sounds good to me, although selection seems tricky... Really, if too
many people turn up, that will be a good thing and we can deal with it
in some way at that moment - we could just cut the lecture in half and
do it twice, or something...

If we can get the dates confirmed, I can set up a registration system
on the understandingfonts.com website.

> And, the last ... I insist is a good idea to invite all people working
> on this to join this group. I think is a very good excuse to continue
> in contact after Dave left us ...

I agree.

--
Cheers
Dave

gespe...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2011, 1:25:42 PM6/2/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com
I heard that there are some photos of the Cordoba events uploaded in Facebook.
Could you please upload them to a more open place that doesn't require
membership so we can see them?

Thanks in advance.
Gez.

Dave Crossland

Jun 2, 2011, 2:09:12 PM6/2/11
On 2 June 2011 14:25, gespe...@gmail.com <gespe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I heard that there are some photos of the Cordoba events uploaded in Facebook.
> Could you please upload them to a more open place that doesn't require
> membership so we can see them?

I'll see what I can do :)