a good new and a possible other one ...

1 view

Lila Pagola

May 18, 2011, 4:31:16 PM5/18/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The good new is we have a quite "professional" translator for Dave's
talk! Fortunately, there are a some artists from Canada working in
Córdoba these days, and one of them, native from Colombia accepted to
be our translator during the talks day. I think for the workshop it
will ok with us :)

The question is about doing video-streaming of the workshop. It's
possible to get this, I'm not sure, because some days ago some friends
made a workshop of experimental tv with free software and we can ask
for help in this sense... Dave, what do you think?

I insist, it's just a possibility ... with many factors to confirm.

Here more to see:
http://experimentaltv.org/tvlabcba/live

Dave Crossland

May 18, 2011, 5:11:17 PM5/18/11
On 18 May 2011 21:31, Lila Pagola <lilap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The good new is we have a quite "professional" translator for Dave's
> talk! Fortunately, there are a some artists from Canada working in
> Córdoba these days, and one of them, native from Colombia accepted to
> be our translator during the talks day. I think for the workshop it
> will ok with us :)

Wow! That's great!

> The question is about doing video-streaming of the workshop. It's
> possible to get this, I'm not sure, because some days ago some friends
> made a workshop of experimental tv with free software and we can ask
> for help in this sense... Dave, what do you think?
> I insist, it's just a possibility ... with many factors to confirm.
> Here more to see:
> http://experimentaltv.org/tvlabcba/live

If it can be done with libre software, that's perfect :-) Will a
recording also be available?

Cheers
Dave

Martín Eschoyez

May 18, 2011, 5:58:43 PM5/18/11
to understandingfonts-argentina-2011
I'm checking with some friends to have some video recording / editing /
post :D in some places... just waiting for confirmation.
Another thing to have in mind is that we have a wonderful dinner in La
Cúpula (http://lacupulagaleria.com.ar) with Lila, the "professional"
translator and his crew ;), Jorge Castro and some friends, sooo if you
like the idea, please schedule it. :D

Dave Crossland

May 18, 2011, 6:10:02 PM5/18/11
On 18 May 2011 22:58, Martín Eschoyez <martine...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm checking with some friends to have some video recording / editing /
> post :D in some places... just waiting for confirmation.
> Another thing to have in mind is that we have a wonderful dinner in La
> Cúpula (http://lacupulagaleria.com.ar) with Lila, the "professional"
> translator and his crew ;), Jorge Castro and some friends, sooo if you
> like the idea, please schedule it. :D

I've added you to the company calendar so you can freely add these
events yourself :)

Felipe Sanches

May 18, 2011, 6:14:57 PM5/18/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com
> If it can be done with libre software, that's perfect :-) Will a
> recording also be available?

Their website is not live streaming right now, but I see that they use
an html5 player and that the link to the video stream is
http://stream.neokinok.tv:8000/tvlabcba.ogg which means it is
perfectly compatible with software freedom!

Dave Crossland

May 18, 2011, 6:19:56 PM5/18/11
On 18 May 2011 23:14, Felipe Sanches <ju...@members.fsf.org> wrote:
> it is
> perfectly compatible with software freedom!

Is it made with libre software?

Felipe Sanches

May 18, 2011, 6:34:57 PM5/18/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com

I dont know what they are using server-side. But usually it is done
with dvgrab to capture video from a camera, oggenc to encode it to
theora/vorbis, ogg-fwd to send the ogg file to a (possibly remote)
icecast streaming server, which serves the file over http to the
users. The users can view it directly in a video player like totem or
vlc or in an html5 webpage via html:video tag.

This is all free software.

Felipe Sanches

May 18, 2011, 6:36:22 PM5/18/11
to understandingfon...@googlegroups.com
hmmm... actually, ffmpeg2theora instead of oggenc!

dvgrab --format raw - | tee dvstream.dv | ffmpeg2theora -A 45 -V 400
-c 1 -f dv -x 360 -y 288 -o /dev/stdout - | tee savelivestream.ogv |
oggfwd -p -d "Stream description" -n "Streamname" my.icecastserver.com
80 icecastpassword /stream.ogv

http://www.commandlinefu.com/commands/view/5683/streaming-html5-video-to-icecast-server-using-dvgrab-ffmpeg2theora-and-oggfwd

Dave Crossland

May 18, 2011, 6:38:22 PM5/18/11
On 18 May 2011 23:34, Felipe Sanches <ju...@members.fsf.org> wrote:
> usually it is done
> with dvgrab to capture video from a camera, oggenc to encode it to
> theora/vorbis, ogg-fwd to send the ogg file to a (possibly remote)
> icecast streaming server, which serves the file over http to the
> users. The users can view it directly in a video player like totem or
> vlc or in an html5 webpage via html:video tag.
>
> This is all free software.

Okay cool! :)