Chapter 4, "Proportions of the Body"

Anna Otto

Feb 5, 2022, 2:35:41 PM2/5/22
to Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources
I am new to using this OER text. In looking ahead to Chapter 4, I believe I found an error in the information. It the section about Proportions of the Body, it says "At birth, the head makes up about 25 percent of our length (think about how much of your length would be head if the proportions were still the same!). By age 25 it comprises about 20 percent our length."

While I believe the statement that the head is about 25% of overall length at birth, I believe it's actually only 12.5-15% in adulthood. This is based on my previous understanding as well as fact checking with some reliable sources.

When we find an error such as this, what it the correct action to get it corrected?

Thanks
Anna

Paris, Jennifer

Feb 6, 2022, 12:21:57 AM2/6/22
to Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources, Anna Otto

Thanks for letting me know. I see that error in all versions. And it’s in the openly licensed source content that it was copied from as well.

If you find additional errors, there is a feedback survey you can use to report errors and to leave feedback.

I am working on an update of the book this semester and will fix all errors including this one as soon as possible (but it’s likely going to be a while and the new print version will be significantly more as Lulu increased their prices for new projects). Once that happens, I will notify the listserv and this Google Group of the new release and provide the information to access the updated version.

Thanks,

Jennifer