Understanding the Whole Child reading guide from MJC

Tara Bates

Sep 2, 2023, 2:29:58 PM9/2/23
to Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources
Dear colleagues,

I am an adjunct professor of English as a Second Language at Modesto Junior College (MJC).  Myself and a team of colleagues have been working on reading activities for students struggling with the reading in Understanding the Whole Child.  We have a draft version of the reading guides (covering the 15 chapters).  They're a bit rough -- you will see if you dig in to them -- but even so, we think they might be helpful to some people.

You can access the reading guide here:

In this Google folder, there's a big pdf with the whole reading guide (15 chapters) as well as PDF & MSWord files for individual chapters.  The guides are open for copy and adaptation for anyone who would like to use them.

There's a bit more info about our project, and emails for contacting us, in the Foreword in the big PDF.

Warm regards,

Tara Bates
Modesto Junior College