question banks

Keli Miller

Jul 7, 2021, 6:46:29 PM7/7/21
to Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources
Hello,

We are planning on adopting the text for this fall at LA City College.

I saw somewhere that there are question banks for each chapter but you need to request access. I was just wondering how that works.

Thanks :)
Keli Miller

Samantha Juarez

Jul 8, 2021, 11:35:12 AM7/8/21
to Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources
Create a Canvas account and there are lots of helpful resources there. Life savers :)  "Updated Child Growth and Development (OER Course and Textbook)
COURSE"

Keli Miller

Jul 8, 2021, 3:31:33 PM7/8/21
to Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources
Thanks, I have an account and have access to that updated course! It is fabulous!

I was just wondering if there were question pools that have been created for each chapter somewhere. :)

For example, we have been using the Berger text and have created question banks for each chapter (around 100 questions) that I have so that I can have quizzes randomly select questions.

Thanks~

Paris, Jennifer

Jul 8, 2021, 4:10:50 PM7/8/21
to Keli Miller, Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources

Hi, Keli.

The complete course that Samanta mentioned has quizzes for each chapter.

But there is another project that created quiz banks as well. Those quizzes (along with quizzes for the other core 8 classes) are in one Canvas shell in the Free for Teachers instance. To access the assessment/quiz banks, you can enroll in the assessment Canvas shell (using your academic email address) at https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/EDGBJY. If you don’t yet have a Free for Teachers account, please select new user when enrolling.

Once you are enrolled, I have to change your role to Teacher to allow you to export the quizzes. Then you can import them into your own course (make sure to Select Content and only import the quizzes for the course/s you want).

Once you have enrolled, please bookmark this link to directly access the course (if you re-enroll, your role will go back to student) https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/2591542

Hope this helps,

Jennifer

Jul 8, 2021, 4:40:59 PM7/8/21
to Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources
Thank you, yes!

Keli Miller

Jul 14, 2021, 12:51:02 PM7/14/21
to Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources
I was wondering how I get the test banks into my Canvas shell. I copied and pasted the questions into a blank document and saved it as a text file, but when I tried to import it, it says it was not formatted correctly.

Any suggestions on how to take the questions and import them to my Canvas shell as a test bank? (other than copying and pasting them one at a time?)

Thanks for any input!

Paris, Jennifer

Jul 14, 2021, 12:59:39 PM7/14/21
to Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources, Keli Miller
Kelli,

You need to export the course and then import it. Chose the select content option and click the little arrow next to quizzes and choose only the quizzes you want.

Hope that helps,
Jennifer

This was typed on my phone. Please excuse any typos.

Jul 15, 2021, 10:36:06 PM7/15/21
to Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources
I did the free 30 day trial of Respondus and was able to save the first chapter as a QTI file and successfully uploaded it.

For some reason, making the canvas export package did not work from Instructure to my district's Canvas platform.

Yay, and thank you for your help!

Keli