New to this curriculum and Text book-

Debra Kammerlander

Jan 11, 2024, 2:12:24 PMJan 11
to Understanding the Whole Child OER Resources
Hello,
I am new to this textbook and curriculum.  It looks like it will be an excellent text to start using.  I am have been currently using a child development textbook that is from 1995.  I basically had been creating all my own curriculum.
I am so happy to have found this site and book.  I am using the schoology platform for my student management program.
Any pointers using this curriculum would be greatly appreciated.
I am new to this curriculum and textbook but I am a veteran teacher and have taught Child and Human development for 23 years.
I start with my new semester class 1/22/24.  Any advice/resources of posting things, assignments, activities, rubrics, grading tips, IEP modifications (they have placed quite a few 9th grade students in my 10-12 class with IEP's).  I am wanting to get started on the right path and have things planned out and organized for the semester. We are also being required to make a calendar of our formative and summative assessments, what they are and when we are doing them for the entire semester on paper and turned in within the first few weeks of the semester, and linked to the standards that apply to them.  (All teachers are required to do this starting now for all classes at my school.)
Not sure when I am going to be able to plan all of this out but I just thought reaching out here to get some recommendations may help.

Thank you
Deb Kammerlander