Fwd: CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO CAN READ/SPEAK MANDARIN CHINESE

UNC TSA

Sep 4, 2013, 2:59:38 PM9/4/13
to UNC-CH TSA 台灣學生會
FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Szu-Han Ho <s...@szuhanho.net>
Date: Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Subject: CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO CAN READ/SPEAK MANDARIN CHINESE
To: unc...@gmail.com

Hello,

My name is Szu-Han Ho, and I am a Taiwanese-American artist and faculty member at the University of New Mexico. This fall, I will be visiting UNC Chapel Hill in September for a project organized by Jina Valentine, Asst Professor in the Art Department. I am writing because, if possible, I would like to distribute an open call to the UNC TSA (included below). I am looking for Mandarin Chinese readers to participate in a performance on Thursday, September 12th in Gerrald Hall that will be part of a book launch for the 2013 series published by Future Plan and Program. I have received a lot of positive responses from Mainland Chinese students and am looking for a bit of linguistic diversity--students from Taiwan, Hong Kong, or other countries who speak and read Mandarin Chinese. If you would be willing to distribute the call to members of your organization, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much,
Szu-Han
何思涵

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO CAN READ/SPEAK MANDARIN CHINESE

Looking for 5 readers to be part of a performed reading by artist Szu-Han Ho: the 25-min reading will take place on Thursday, September 12th at Gerrard Hall UNC-Chapel Hill (organized by Prof. Jina Valentine) and will be part of the official book launch for The Internal Objects, a text written by Szu-Han Ho and published by Future Plan and Program 2013. Respondents will be asked to read aloud stories from a Mandarin Chinese newspaper for times ranging from 5-20 minutes. Respondents can be of any age, any gender, and no acting experience is necessary. There is a small stipend for each reader.

If you are interested, please send an email with your name to s...@szuhanho.net