Sad News about Death of Sharon Chen's Taiwanese Grandmother

Sharon Chen

Apr 6, 2024, 2:35:01 PMApr 6
to Sharon Chen
Dear Friends,

I have very sad news to share with you all.

My maternal grandmother in Taiwan was hospitalized three weeks ago on March 15 and passed away on March 31.

My grandmother was born and raised in Taipei, Taiwan. She was the oldest of ten children born to my great-grandparents in Taiwan. She married my grandfather who was a traditional herbal medicine doctor in Taiwan. They raised four children together including my mother, my aunt, and my two uncles. My maternal grandfather passed away before I was born. My grandmother lived with my uncle, aunt, and cousins in Taiwan for much of her life.

My maternal grandmother visited North Carolina to witness my birth and to help my parents raise me as I was their firstborn. She visited multiple times including when my younger sister was born to witness her birth and to help take care of her and then later on to visit and spend quality time with my family. During my childhood, my family visited her and other family members in Taiwan several times.

What I remember about my grandmother is that she was energetic, personable, wise, stylish, and one of the most ambitious and hardworking women I’ve ever met. She was extremely dedicated to our family. She worked as a successful real estate broker in Taiwan before she retired.

She was a devout Buddhist, very physically active, and prioritized family including our health, well-being, education, success, and prosperity. She visited the Buddhist temple on a regular basis. She enjoyed walking, hiking, meditating, shopping, listening to and singing her favorite Taiwanese songs, traveling and sightseeing internationally including all over Taiwan, the United States, Canada, Japan, and many other countries, spending quality time with family and friends, and making sure our family’s needs were met.

She loved to visit Taiwanese markets to buy ingredients and prepared the most delicious, mouthwatering Taiwanese cuisine. To this day, she cooked the best and most authentic Taiwanese food I’ve ever tasted. The Taiwanese sticky rice she made was my favorite dish.

I’m grateful for her wisdom, and I have fond memories of her. She instilled in me the values of strength, respect, and a tireless work ethic. She was loved by many, and her legacy will forever be cherished.

I’m glad she’s no longer suffering or experiencing any pain. I loved my grandmother very much and would like to pay my respects to her by attending her funeral in Taiwan. Unfortunately, I cannot afford the plane ticket and other travel expenses to Taiwan, so I need help with paying the cost. If you would be so kind, could you donate please? My PayPal email address is Sharo...@gmail.com

Rest in peace, grandmother.

Best regards,
Sharon Chen

--------------------------
親愛的台灣朋友們:

我有一個非常悲傷的消息要與大家分享。

我在台灣的外婆於三週前的3月15日住院,並於3月31日去世。

我的外祖母在台灣台北出生長大。她是我在台灣的曾祖父母所生的十個孩子中最大的一個。她嫁給了我的祖父,他是台灣的傳統草藥醫生。他們一起撫養了四個孩子,包括我的母親、我的阿姨和我的兩個叔叔。我的外祖父在我出生前就過世了。我的外婆一生中大部分時間都和我的叔叔、嬸嬸和表兄弟姊妹一起住在台灣。

我的外祖母來到北卡羅來納州見證我的出生,並幫助我的父母撫養我,因為我是他們的長子。她多次來訪,包括在我妹妹出生時見證她的出生並幫助照顧她,然後拜訪我的家人並與我的家人共度美好時光。小時候,我的家人曾多次到台灣探望她和其他家人。

我對我的外祖母的印像是,她精力充沛、風度翩翩、聰明、時尚,是我見過的最有野心、最勤奮的女性之一。她對我們的家庭非常奉獻。退休前,她在台灣擔任成功的房地產經紀人。

她是一位虔誠的佛教徒,非常活躍,並且優先考慮家庭,包括我們的健康、福祉、教育、成功和繁榮。她定期參觀佛教寺廟。她喜歡散步、爬山、打坐、購物、聽唱自己喜歡的台灣歌曲,也喜歡到台灣各地、美國、加拿大、日本等國家旅遊觀光,與家人朋友共度美好時光,確保我們家庭的需求得到滿足。

她喜歡到台灣市場採購食材,烹調出最美味、最令人垂涎的台灣美食。直到今天,她做的台灣菜是我吃過的最好最正宗的台灣菜。她做的台灣糯米是我最喜歡的菜。

我感謝她的智慧,我對她有美好的回憶。她向我灌輸了力量、尊重和不知疲倦的職業道德的價值觀。她受到許多人的喜愛,她的遺產將永遠被珍惜。
我很高興她不再受苦或經歷任何痛苦。

我非常愛我的祖母,想透過參加她在台灣的葬禮來表達我的敬意。不幸的是,我無力負擔去台灣的機票和其他旅行費用,因此需要協助支付費用。如果你這麼好心的話,可以捐款嗎?我的 PayPal 電子郵件地址是 Sharo...@gmail.com

安息吧,外婆

Best regards,
Sharon Chen 陳貞吟

Sharon Chen

Apr 9, 2024, 10:05:26 AMApr 9
to Sharon Chen
Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for everyone’s sweet, thoughtful words of
condolences during my time of grief for my maternal grandmother's
death on March 31.

I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the hundreds of kind, loving
words of condolences including texts, phone calls, and emails I
received. It truly meant a lot to me and lifted my heavy heart during
my time of overwhelming grief for the death of my maternal
grandmother. I have been grieving and crying almost non-stop since I
learned the news of her passing.

My maternal grandmother was hospitalized in Taiwan on March 15 due to
a severe stomach infection she could not fight off; sadly, she died on
March 31. Her funeral and memorial service in Taiwan will take place
in less than one week on April 15. This will be my final opportunity
to say goodbye to her and obtain some semblance of peace and healing
in my recovering journey of grief from her loss.

My maternal grandmother in Taiwan was my last surviving grandparent.
She was the ruling matriarch of the family and the bond that held the
entire family together. She was very special, and she truly meant the
world to my entire family as well as other family members, friends,
community members, acquaintances, and countless others.

I have such fond, tender memories of her when I was growing up. Her
loss has left me feeling inconsolable. I have this massive, gaping
hole in my heart and a deep, aching indescribable grief which I cannot
adequately express in words.

I would love to pay my respects to my grandmother by attending her
funeral and memorial service in Taiwan on April 15. Due to recent
unexpected medical emergencies and expenses, I cannot afford the plane
ticket and other travel expenses to Taiwan, so I'm in urgent need of
your assistance. The least expensive plane ticket I could find was
$1,285.00 plus taxes, and fees. There are also obviously many other
travel expenses associated with traveling overseas.

If you would be so kind and sweet, could you donate to the cost of
attending my grandmother's funeral and memorial service in Taiwan
please? My PayPal email address is Sharo...@gmail.com

Thank you so much for your help. I am eternally grateful and
appreciative for your friendship, love, kindness, compassion, empathy,
generosity, and support.

Hugs and Love,
Sharon Chen

Sharo...@gmail.com
919-960-1242 (cell)

--------------------
親愛的朋友們,

3 月 31 日,在我為我的外祖母去世而悲痛的時候,非常感謝大家對我表達的甜蜜、深思熟慮的哀悼之詞。

我收到了數百條善意、充滿愛意的哀悼之言,包括簡訊、電話和電子郵件,心中充滿了感激之情。這對我來說確實意義重大,在我因外祖母去世而悲痛欲絕的時候,它解除了我沉重的心情。自從得知她去世的消息後,我幾乎一直在悲傷和哭泣。

我的外婆因無法抵抗嚴重的胃部感染,於3月15日在台灣住院;不幸的是,她於3月31日去世。她的葬禮和追悼會將於不到一周的時間即4月15日在台灣舉行。這將是我與她告別的最後機會,並在我的康復之旅中獲得一些表面上的平靜和治癒。因失去她而感到悲痛。

我在台灣的外祖母是我最後一位倖存的祖父母。她是這個家庭的女族長,也是維繫整個家庭的連結。她非常特別,對於我的整個家庭以及其他家庭成員、朋友、社區成員、熟人以及無數其他人來說,她確實意味著整個世界。

在我的成長過程中,我對她有著如此美好、溫柔的回憶。她的過世讓我感到難以安慰。我的心裡有一個巨大的、巨大的空洞,還有一種無法用語言充分錶達的深深的、痛苦的、難以形容的悲傷。

我很想在4月15日去台灣參加我祖母的葬禮和追悼會,以表達我的敬意。由於最近突發醫療緊急情況和費用,我無力承擔去台灣的機票和其他旅行費用,所以我在迫切需要您的幫助。我能找到的最便宜的機票是
1,285.00 美元,加上稅金和其他費用。顯然還有許多與出國旅行相關的其他旅行費用。

如果您如此友善和貼心,您能捐款參加我祖母在台灣的葬禮和追悼會嗎?我的 PayPal email address is Sharo...@gmail.com

非常感謝你的幫忙。我永遠感激和感激你們的友誼、愛、善良、同情心、同理心、慷慨和支持。

擁抱和愛,
陳莎朗