Distro/software for kids

yogesh

Dec 1, 2011, 3:35:11 AM12/1/11
to uncod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are many school/collage distributions exit. We should stick to a distribution which is more stable and reliable. Edubuntu is most eligible for children above 7th standard and networked school lab/networked computer.

Considering children below 7th standard..
This is nice browser dedicated for small kids.
http://www.kidzui.com/download/firefox
We can go through schoolforge software list to check for more school softwares
https://schoolforge.net/education-software/educational-games
This distribution fits well for these kids
http://www.qimo4kids.com/
This is 3 minutes video of second standard children playing in qimo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esXIFXw1OrI
It includes everything including gcompris, tuxpaint

If kids are very small(1st, 2nd standard) , we have to consider another distro
http://doudoulinux.org/web/english/index.html
http://maketecheasier.com/doudoulinux-a-fun-linux-distro-for-kids/2010/11/26

For some reasons, I will not be able to attend today's meeting. Please reply on this thread your suggestions.

---
Yogesh Chavan

अभिजित Abhijit

Dec 12, 2011, 1:39:10 AM12/12/11
to uncod...@googlegroups.com
Actually we are looking for software related to geometry, geography, physics, etc subjects. Can you prepare a list of such things ?
abhijit

shirish शिरीष

Feb 27, 2012, 10:52:28 AM2/27/12
to uncod...@googlegroups.com
at bottom :-

2011/12/12 अभिजित Abhijit <abhi...@gmail.com>:

Dear Abhijit,
I think it would be cool if somebody checks out skolelinux. They
already have a great compilation of things and also has some
interesting softwares for teachers as well. It supports the
client/server architecture and they have done quite a bit of work in
making the client/server architecture so that you need not have a
skilled sysadmin to do the installations.

I have not played with skolelinux but have only heard good things about it.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल