FreedomBox needs your support (Re: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/16/nyregion/16about.html?_r=1)

Praveen A

Feb 19, 2011, 3:48:42 PM2/19/11
to cofsug, uncod...@googlegroups.com, FSUGoP, devel.cofsug
2011/2/17 Praveen A <pra...@gmail.com>:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/16/nyregion/16about.html?_r=1
>
> and we have http://www.freedomboxfoundation.org/ Looking forward to
> see more of us joining this effort to secure our freedom in the
> digital world.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/721744279/push-the-freedombox-foundation-from-0-to-60-in-30

I have pledged 100 USD, did you pledge your support? They accept even
1 dollar (about 45 Indian rupees). They are targetting 60000 USD in 30
days. Please spread the word around and help get FreedomBox off the
ground.

Another new model of funding Free Software project - direct donation
to start the project. We are considering the same idea for Chamba
Community Movie project too. Diaspora was also realised via
kickstarter. You can also go on kickstarter if you have a great idea
and needs money to realise it.

Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍