Disappointed...

Bill Johnston

Jan 6, 2008, 3:24:38 PM1/6/08
to Unconference : The Book
Kiruba, et al.

It seems this project is officially stalled. I was impressed with the
initially enthusiasm and energy... it's too bad it wasn't sustainable.

As one of the folks who put forth a modest amount of sponsorship
dollars, I would really like to see the content authors, in particular
Lisa and Deb, get access to their content. Would it be possible to
revive the wiki, or get an export of the content?

Any help from the original team would be greatly appreciated... and I
think it is the respectful thing to do for all of the authors.

Kiruba @ Kiruba.com

Jan 6, 2008, 9:36:41 PM1/6/08
to unb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill and Team,

Thanks for the mails and reviving the interest. It helps to have someone hit the knuckles hard to wake us up.

Just a quick update.  The wiki is having a tech problem which we tried solving but couldn't. We have employed a professional team to help out with it and hopefully the site should be back in shape (along with all the content) within the next week or max two.

I own up the responsibility for the slowing down of the project and am ready to restart all activities.

The good news is that we have interest amongst two organizations in Chennai who have shown interest in helping out.  NewGen is a pre-press company that does a lot of work on the publishing side and they would be  helping out with the proof-reading and the formatting.

UPSL (Universal Print Systems) is another fairly well known organisation who would help with printing. Both these organization might come in to defray big chunks of costs. Am meeting the CEOs of both these companies soon to finalize the details.

All said and done, the most critical aspect is the WRITING and we will revivie the activity as soon as the wiki is in place.

Once again, I'd like to say that the interest in the book is definitely there and the New Year is just the right time to infuse fresh enthusiasm into the global project.

Regards,

Kiruba Shankar