Unbook (Chapter 2) Invitation

Manoj Kumar

Apr 23, 2007, 2:02:16 PM4/23/07
to unb...@googlegroups.com
Hiya folks,

For those who would like to contribute to Chapter 2 (or simply follow it in the making) please join http://groups.google.com/group/unbook_ch2

The focus of this section of the book would be based on your experiences in un-conferences and make the readers feel the pulse of it. I guess it would be a light, lively & exciting chapter to work on.

So pls join the group at http://groups.google.com/group/unbook_ch2 to rock on this one. Also, its perfectly fine to contribute to more than one chapter. So peep in for some fun.

Cheerzzz
Manoj

prad

Apr 23, 2007, 4:00:45 PM4/23/07
to unb...@googlegroups.com
Hey everybody,
            As for the 6th chapter [The unconferences that really kicked ass] is concerned,there   are three ways we could get the content
1. People chipping in through wiki.
2. Interview people who have participated,organized uncons.
3. Getting it from the uncon podcasts and blogs.
                      So, here I'd need sudhir,lisa and kiruba  help me out reaching to right people.

Manoj: good idea it wouldnt mess up things, Ive started a thread too

People, please do join the group and share your experiences and learn from others too!

aaaoo na!

Regards
Pradeep

debhart

Apr 24, 2007, 10:33:58 AM4/24/07
to Unconference : The Book
So, are we using the wiki or the mailing lists to build the content of
the chapters? Or, why are we using both?

I find the wiki more attractive, more collaborative. With one "key" I
open the door to the whole wiki. But I'd need multiple keys to browse
what's happening with each chapter's google group...

deb

On Apr 23, 4:00 pm, prad <pradeipku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everybody,
> As for the 6th chapter [The unconferences that really kicked
> ass] is concerned,there are three ways we could get the
> content
> 1. People chipping in through wiki.
> 2. Interview people who have participated,organized uncons.
> 3. Getting it from the uncon podcasts and blogs.
> So, here I'd need sudhir,lisa and kiruba help me out
> reaching to right people.
>
> Manoj: good idea it wouldnt mess up things, Ive started a thread too
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/unbook_ch6
>
> People, please do join the group and share your experiences and learn from
> others too!
>
> aaaoo na!
>
> Regards
> Pradeep
>

> On 4/23/07, Manoj Kumar <findm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hiya folks,
>
> > For those who would like to contribute to Chapter 2 (or simply follow it

> > in the making) please joinhttp://groups.google.com/group/unbook_ch2

> > The focus of this section of the book would be based on your experiences
> > in un-conferences and make the readers feel the pulse of it. I guess it
> > would be a light, lively & exciting chapter to work on.
>

> > So pls join the group athttp://groups.google.com/group/unbook_ch2to rock

srini

Apr 25, 2007, 12:05:15 AM4/25/07
to Unconference : The Book
hi deb

if there is separate groups for each chapter then it will be
cumbersome for us to work on the chapters.
i also opine to stick on to the wiki for working on the chapters.

manoj pl give ur views

srini

> > > Manoj- Hide quoted text -

prad

Apr 25, 2007, 12:43:59 AM4/25/07
to unb...@googlegroups.com
srini,
     Yes you are right, we should use wiki and as for the discussion is concerned  using the chapter name in the subject line in the same group {unbook} would do.

Pradeep

prad

Apr 25, 2007, 12:46:35 AM4/25/07
to unb...@googlegroups.com
by discussion i meant queries etc.,

Pradeep Kumar.S.R
Pradeep[dot]kumar[at]yahoo[dot]com
http://pradsworld.blogspot.com
www.PradeepKumar.com

Manoj Kumar

Apr 25, 2007, 5:20:16 AM4/25/07
to unb...@googlegroups.com
Sure,

Wiki IS the best option. But for some reason, from the day 1 of my presence here, I saw all the discussion going on here. If you give me options, I would opt for a Wiki.

Cheerzzz
Manoj

www.dreamzhunt.com
Hobby: www.crictimes.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/findmanu
Book: www.unconference.info
Employer: www.sgstechnologie.com
Skype: manoj1312
GTalk: findmanu
Cell: +91.9840953755

"Find a want, you've found a market. Find a market, then fill the want. Fill the want, you'll fill your wallet."
                                                                    - Ryan P. Allis, entrepreneur

Parag

Apr 25, 2007, 6:37:28 AM4/25/07
to Unconference : The Book
I agree,

Let's start writing and do it straight on the wiki. We also do not
need different groups for chapters. Each wiki page also supports
discussions, which we can use for chapter specific discussions. If
there still is a chapter specific discussion, we want to do on the
google group, we can add some text like [chapter 2] in the subject of
the email. That way those not interested in that chapter can simply
ignore the email.

I have taken the liberty of adding the TOC to the wiki page that says
'book' on unconference.info . The original info is still there,
because some links and pages might contain useful stuff. Can the
chapter captains, please have a look at what is useful to their
chapters, bring it into the chapters and delete the old links. This
will save us from spaghetti links and link rots.

Regards
Parag

Can we start with the TOC going on the main wiki page? I did not edit
it because I was

On Apr 25, 2:20 pm, "Manoj Kumar" <findm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure,
>
> Wiki IS the best option. But for some reason, from the day 1 of my presence
> here, I saw all the discussion going on here. If you give me options, I
> would opt for a Wiki.
>
> Cheerzzz
> Manoj
>

> --
> Many Thanks,
> Manoj Kumar
> Blog:www.manojkumar.in
> Event:www.dreamzhunt.com

Lisa Heft

May 1, 2007, 2:47:54 PM5/1/07
to unb...@googlegroups.com

Okay I’m confused – as to why you have google groups when there is a discussion component / link on each chapter and subchapter page. Isn’t this duplicating and/or potentially missing some discussion? And wouldn’t discussion logically all appear on wiki if this is a wiki-developed book?  J-u-s-t asking...

For this chapter – actually for any chapter – you can unleash the power of the world Open Space community if you want to. They can just scurry all over this book and add examples and thoughts regarding Open Space events, and the other chapters, too.  Actually, it is already being unleashed – as Deb has mentioned the book on our OSLIST...so...perhaps...stay tuned...

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator

O p e n i n g  S p a c e