Unconference - Tamil Translation

Prabhu Ganeshan

Apr 27, 2007, 10:31:14 AM4/27/07
to Unconference : The Book, prabhu....@yahoo.com, unb...@googlegroups.com
Folks!

As discussed with Sudhir, I am intrested in taking up the task of
translating the wonderful project "Unconference" in Tamil. I would
appreciate your inputs. Please feel free to update me with information
on book translation, english to tamil dictionary, tips on tamil
translation books, contacts of people who are translating
"Unconference" in other languages. Any small info will be a big help.

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop." - Mother
Teresa

Good day!

Prabhu Ganeshan

Apr 27, 2007, 10:31:14 AM4/27/07
to Unconference : The Book, prabhu....@yahoo.com, unb...@googlegroups.com

sudhir syal

Apr 28, 2007, 5:07:12 AM4/28/07
to unb...@googlegroups.com
Great Prabhu,

Please join the team.

Guys - Let us all wecome Prabhu in joining the team !

Regards

prabhug

Apr 29, 2007, 1:30:28 PM4/29/07
to Unconference : The Book
Few thoughts/clarifications on this project - tamil translation

- Are we going to a tamil wiki (we need think abt the tamil fonts to
be displayed in the webpage) ? r its gonna be a book translation
- Can we have a code name for the project before the final release?
Proposed Code Name - "Doozie"
its more like the code names that they do in Microsoft r google
projects. / comments, suggestions, ideas more than welcome
- Will tamil version of Unconference will be published with Sep 9 2007
release

good day

On Apr 28, 4:07 am, "sudhir syal" <sudhir.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great Prabhu,
>
> Please join the team.
>
> Guys - Let us all wecome Prabhu in joining the team !
>
> Regards
>

> On 4/27/07, Prabhu Ganeshan <ganeshan.pra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Folks!
>
> > As discussed with Sudhir, I am intrested in taking up the task of
> > translating the wonderful project "Unconference" in Tamil. I would
> > appreciate your inputs. Please feel free to update me with information
> > on book translation, english to tamil dictionary, tips on tamil
> > translation books, contacts of people who are translating
> > "Unconference" in other languages. Any small info will be a big help.
>
> > "We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
> > But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop." - Mother
> > Teresa
>
> > Good day!
>

> --
> Blog on,www.sudhirsyal.com

Lisa Heft

May 1, 2007, 2:39:13 PM5/1/07
to unb...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Prabhu and others working on translations - - first: how fabulous!
Second - do know that a) there will soon be Tamil translations specifically
of the Open Space guidelines (4 principles, law) so perhaps wait a bit
before you do that - often the very nuances of translation depend on the
context and so if I can get translations of these from an upcoming actual
Open Space event it may be some really good wording choices for these
guidelines. And b) I have an international glossary of Open Space terms and
phrases on my website - if by chance in future you care to translate any of
these I can give you the worksheet, you can return it to me and I can add to
those languages to my site - which is used by folks all over the world. See
what it looks like (I have a few more languages already to add that are
ready: Italian, Arabic, Tetum...) http://www.openingspace.net/glossary.shtml

Cheers,
Lisa

___________________________
L i s a H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
O p e n i n g S p a c e
lisa...@openingspace.net
www.openingspace.net

prabhug

May 2, 2007, 12:34:24 AM5/2/07
to Unconference : The Book
Thanks for the acknowledgement - Lisa

Thats a great idea of translating the gloassary items. Its a great
step to start. Please feel free to forward me the Excel worksheet,
will initiate it.

Clarifications:
- In your website, Do you want the words (in English) to translate to
actual language (ex: Tamil). Or we could also provide a conversion of
the tamil word in english alphabets. [For Example : Thank You =
Nandri]
- If we translating it in actual Tamil language, the Web Tamil fonts
that need to be displayed in web sites might be a Challenge. It also
has to support different browsers..

Good day
Prabhu