{UnBook} Request your bio for the Unconference Book

4 просмотра

kir...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
16 апр. 2010 г., 08:54:2816.04.2010
– Unconference : The Book
Hi Team,

This is Kiruba Shankar, the guy who initiative the Unconference Book
project 3 years ago. We got off to a good start but somewhere along
the way, we lost track and the book never happened.

I take full responsibility for the failure of the idea. The guy who
started the idea should have seen it through till the end. I did not.
I'm sorry.

Over the last few years, it has pained me every time I think of this
book project. I realized that not every idea be successfully
crowdsourced. I've realized that coordinating a book with authors
living across different cities and different time zones can be very
difficult. No matter what the reasons may be, I could never let this
book idea die.

So, I started afresh. Completely on a clean slate with new chapter
ideas. I gave myself one month's time and I'll go ahead and publish it
in whatever shape it is. Started this book idea in the beginning of
April. If people join in, its good. Even if no one join in, I'll see
it through till the end. The first attempt has been a failure. I'll
never let that happen to the second attempt. And so, this book will be
launched on May 30th at the NASSCOM Emergeout Conclave in Chennai
where I'm conducting an unconference.

I'd like to credit everyone who has been part of the initiative in
2007 in the book. I kindly request you to send me a one paragraph bio
(about 75 words or less) about yourself along with links to your blog,
twitter, facebook and any other web 2.0 presence. You may reply to
this mail thread with your details or mail them to me at
Kir...@Kiruba.com.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kiruba Shankar

--