Umple 1.30.1 has been released
This release contains all changes from te July 23, 2020 to August 8th, 2020.
It can be accessed as:
The main purpose of the release is to update the Docker image to:
* Php 7.3.18
* Graphviz 2.42.3
* Java 11.0.5
* Nginx 1.19.1 (runs as account 101 now)
* Supervisord 4.1.0 (no longer runs as root - runs as account 101)
* Alpine Linux 3.11
These are the latest mutually-compatible versions available from DockerHub.
Use the docker image efec3b42541cdffeecd845900e9d4be97e63a384
docker pull umple/umpleonline:efec3b42541cdffeecd845900e9d4be97e63a384
docker run --rm -ti -p 8000:8000 umple/umpleonline:efec3b42541cdffeecd845900e9d4be97e63a384
(see instructions at docker.umple.org
for using -v to map your directories into the image)
Additional improvements include:
* A beta tool to being able to zoom the svg files in UmpleOnline (turn it on by slelecting 'Pinch to Zoom' in the options menu
* Several updates to the user manual, particularly making the sections on Directives, Class content and Traits, more complete.
* The command-line compiler now notifies users of the classes with main program(s) after a successful build
The umple-n.n.n-rrrr-hhhhhhhh,jar is the command line compiler
When you do a build a symbolic link is made on linux and mac calling this umple.jar in the dist directory. The hhhhhhhh is the git commit, and the rrrr is an incrementing count of the number of commits to master.
For the latest Eclipse Plugin see
(usually released a while after each main release)
When you build Umple, you will also generate other jars including umpledocs, to create the user manual; umplerun, a special tool for simulation, umplesync, an an extended compiler used by Umpleonline.
For details on how to install see http://dl.umple.org
See also http://docker.umple.org
for pre-built UmpleOnline environments you can run locally (Click on the Tags tab to see the available releases)
Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., FCIPS
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de génie logiciel et d'informatique
Vice-Dean Governance / Vice-Doyen (Gouvernance)
Faculté de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa