New Release of Umple 1.24.0 - and elimination of Jet

Timothy Lethbridge

Mar 22, 2016, 1:36:35 AM3/22/16
to Umple Development Discussions, Umple Model Oriented Programming Technology
To all Umplers,

Tonight we have reached a major milestone in Umple.

We have released Umple 1.24.0
See the following for release notes
https://github.com/umple/umple/releases/tag/v.1.24.0

With this release, Umple is now completely self-contained, in the sense
that it entirely builds itself. We have eliminated all jet code. Also we
no longer need to store any generated code at all in the repository.

Thanks to Morgan Redshaw for the conversion to UmpleTL, and thanks to
Ahmed and Mahmoud Orabi for UmpleTL itself. Morgan will shortly be
committing his JetToUmpleTL conversion program in a separate repository
that should allow other Jet projects to convert to Umple too ... maybe we
can use this to entice more end-users of Umple.

As of 1.24.0 we still don't have an Eclipse plugin, but Miguel Garzon has
promised to get it working again shortly.

Contributors to the Umple project will need to do a first build
ant -Dmyenv=local first-build
to bootstrap the new release. You may then resume doing pull requests. But
from now on, edit the UmpleTL templates as the Jet templates are gone. You
will find that there is a 1-1 mapping however. UmpleTL templates are
processed using the 'codegen' ant target; this is done before the main
umpleSelf target in any build.

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de génie logiciel et d'informatique
and Vice-Dean (governance) / et vice-doyen (gouvernance)
Faculté de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.eecs.uottawa.ca/~tcl

Andrew Forward

Mar 22, 2016, 9:39:58 AM3/22/16
to um...@googlegroups.com