Umple issues, philosphy documents and promotion

Timothy Lethbridge

Jun 24, 2011, 11:21:58 PM6/24/11
to Umple Model Oriented Programming Technology
Hi,

Three pieces of news to report about Umple:

1. Umple issues (bug tracking and feature requests) have been moved to
Google code from the former lighthouse system. You can see them at
http://code.google.com/p/umple/issues/list

This provides several advantages. One is that I can now display useful
sublists, such as the list of features that are the focus of development:
http://code.google.com/p/umple/issues/list?q=label:keyPortfolio

The list of projects I suggest for undergraduate students:
http://code.google.com/p/umple/issues/list?q=type=ProjectUG

The list of potential thesis projects for graduate student capstone
projects:
http://code.google.com/p/umple/issues/list?q=type=ResearchGrad

The list of features that we think are particularly suitable for external
contributers:
http://code.google.com/p/umple/issues/list?q=label:contribSought

2. Three important guidance documents have been created:

The overall philosophy of Umple and vision for Model-Oriented Programming:
http://code.google.com/p/umple/wiki/PhilosophyAndVision

Best practices to use Umple when modeling and programming:
http://code.google.com/p/umple/wiki/BestUmpleUsePractices

Best practices when contributing changes to Umple:
http://code.google.com/p/umple/wiki/ContributionProcessToUmple

3. The more support Umple has the more it will get noticed:

Umple has been listed on the open source directory ohloh.net; please go
to https://www.ohloh.net/p/Umple
and click 'I Use This' if you want to support the project.
Adding a review here would be nice too:
https://www.ohloh.net/p/Umple/reviews

On the Google Code page for Umple there is a +1 link. Would you please
consider clicking it.

Timothy C. Lethbridge, PhD, P.Eng., I.S.P., CSDP
Professor of Software Engineering and Computer Science
/ Professeur Titulaire de gï¿œnie logiciel et d'informatique
Facultᅵ de genie / Faculty of Engineering
University of Ottawa / Universitᅵ d'Ottawa
Tel: 613-562-5800x6685 Fax: 613-562-5664 Mobile: 613-252-1850
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~tcl