Elections, CGL finals, Cherry blossom NOVA tournament.

Steve Mount

Apr 6, 2016, 6:54:10 AM4/6/16
to UMD Go Club
The Go club will meet tonight (HJP 1216 at 7 as usual).

1
Tonight is Election Day! We will be nominating and voting for our next year's officers (President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer). Elections will start promptly at 8:00 pm.
I strongly urge everyone to make this meeting so you can vote for next year's officers!

2
The quarterfinals for the 2016 Season 5 Collegiate Go League Championship Playoffs begins Saturday, April 9th, at 1 pm EDT. The pairings were done using slaughter pairing (1v8, 2v7, etc.) and are below (I put seed numbers next to each school's name):

(1) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) vs. (8) University of Toronto (UToronto)
(2) UCLA (UCLA) vs. (7) UC San Diego (UCSD)
(3) Cornell University (Cornell) vs. (6) University of Maryland (UMD)
(4) University of Michigan (UMichigan) vs. (5) University of Alberta (UAlberta)

However, we will probably reschedule our games to allow members to attend the

3
The NOVA Cherry Blossom Tournament is this Saturday! It's at the same place/time as the CNY tournament in February. If you want to go, let Justin know.
Registration is $10.

--
University of Maryland Go Club