Website not rendering on Linux

Library Web

Mar 1, 2011, 1:39:13 PM3/1/11
to UMBEL
A quick post to let you know I'm running Fedora 14 (Linux) and the
site does not render on either Chrome or Firefox - header and footer
will render, but not the main content.

The site was mentioned in this article:

Setting Gold Standards for the Semantic Web
http://semanticweb.com/setting-gold-standards-for-the-semantic-web_b18098

So I am curious as to what you do.

Frederick Giasson

Mar 1, 2011, 1:42:25 PM3/1/11
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Strange. Please send me the links to the faulty pages, along with a
screenshot if possible.

Thanks,

Take care,

Fred

GSO

Mar 1, 2011, 2:32:21 PM3/1/11
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com
I maximised the window to take a screenshot and lo and behold the page
rendered. So this is strange, an browser window which I usually keep
about the size it takes to render the BBC news webpage, does not
render http://www.umbel.org/ (Screenshot1.png attached) but when
maximised the webpage miraculously appears (Screenshot2.png).

> --

Screenshot1.png
Screenshot2.png

Vicente

Mar 1, 2011, 2:46:30 PM3/1/11
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com, GSO

  The same problem with Ubuntu 10.4 + Firefox 3.6.

  Good luck!

uoccou

Mar 1, 2011, 2:56:34 PM3/1/11
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com, Vicente, GSO
Firefox 3.6.13 on ubuntu 10.10

Under a certain size the text is being overflowed to the right, (outside the margin ?)
CSS prob I guess.

--

Regards

Ultan O'Carroll

Archive Link
email@
Lewis TDI 1842
SkyTwenty
Blog

Frederick Giasson

Mar 2, 2011, 9:03:41 AM3/2/11
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Firefox 3.6.13 on ubuntu 10.10

Under a certain size the text is being overflowed to the right, (outside the margin ?)
CSS prob I guess.

Ok good, thanks for this screenshot.

We will try to find a way to reproduce this on our side and fix this, thanks!

Fred

uoccou

Mar 9, 2011, 7:27:13 AM3/9/11
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com
Is umbel.com any relation ?

http://umbel.com/

Frederick Giasson

Mar 9, 2011, 8:09:59 AM3/9/11
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi here,

Firefox 3.6.13 on ubuntu 10.10

Under a certain size the text is being overflowed to the right, (outside the margin ?)
CSS prob I guess.

This should be fixed by now, please confirm.

Thanks!

Fred

Frederick Giasson

Mar 9, 2011, 8:11:16 AM3/9/11
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ultan,

Is umbel.com any relation ?

http://umbel.com/

No, first time I personally take a look at this site.

But I have to admit that there are some similarities :)

Thanks,

Fred

Vicente

Mar 10, 2011, 4:52:14 AM3/10/11
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com, Frederick Giasson

  It seems fixed (Ubuntu 10.4 + Firefox 3.6).

  Congratulations.