street addresses, city, state, zip

Harold Carr

Oct 9, 2009, 5:48:23 PM10/9/09
to UMBEL
I need to have add street addresses, city, state and zip code info to
two types of entities:
- businesses
- places (like a concert hall at a University - i.e., not a business)

I thought of making the business an sc:Business and the place an
sc:Place.

But it is not obvious to me how to add, for example, a street address.

For the business I could use yandex ya:address. But the range of
ya:address is Literal. I'd like to use a sc:StreetAddress. Similarly
for city, state,...

For an sc:Place I can't use ya:* out-of-the-box since sc:Place is not
related to foaf:Organization.

I've looked in all sorts of examples and everything seems to give lat/
long.

QUESTION: what is a good way to add this info to business and place?

This must be in some ontology - it is so common - but I have not come
across it in my searching.

Thanks,

Harold Carr

Oct 11, 2009, 9:21:14 AM10/11/09
to UMBEL
Well I found this from 2005:

http://norman.walsh.name/2005/12/05/vcard

But surely there must be something in an "official" ontology?

DMacP

Apr 12, 2012, 10:11:45 AM4/12/12
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harold - where are you with this today? I have some ideas to share which may help to make more logical...Example - have you seen IETF work on addresses since this post? Regards, Deborah MacPherson