UTF-8 encoding

1 view

Kevin D. Keck

Jan 7, 2010, 12:28:55 PM1/7/10
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com
There's a thread from over a year ago about some UTF-8 encoding
errors, which ends with an assertion that they have been fixed.
However, the .n3 files linked from the documentation page[1] currently
have the same encoding errors in them. Am I downloading from the
wrong place?
[1] http://umbel.org/documentation.html

Frederick Giasson

Jan 14, 2010, 12:50:07 PM1/14/10
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin!

Please try this one:
http://umbel.org/ontology/v072/umbel_abstract_concepts_v072.n3

Also, can you point me out to the faulty file / lines?

Finally, is it the same issue we had at that time (thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/umbel-ontology/browse_frm/thread/008d08ff59742293#)

Thanks!

Take care,

Fred

Kevin D. Keck

Jan 14, 2010, 6:37:37 PM1/14/10
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com
The file you link to below is exactly the same as the one linked from
the documentation page. Yes, it is the same issue you had before, as
described in that thread. The problems are in the definitions of the
following concepts (some of which also have other issues, beyond the
character encoding problem):

ac:Function_Denotational (line 4089)
ac:InformationBearingThing (line 5225)
ac:SetOrCollection (lines 8736)

Frederick Giasson

Jan 18, 2010, 8:42:17 AM1/18/10
to umbel-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

> The file you link to below is exactly the same as the one linked from
> the documentation page. Yes, it is the same issue you had before, as
> described in that thread. The problems are in the definitions of the
> following concepts (some of which also have other issues, beyond the
> character encoding problem):
>
> ac:Function_Denotational (line 4089)
> ac:InformationBearingThing (line 5225)
> ac:SetOrCollection (lines 8736)

Good thanks.

I will keep an eye on this while doing version 0.8 of umbel (we should
start by the end of this week, and it should spans over a couple of
weeks). Also note that the Abstract-Concept class should be deprecated
(we will explains why when we will release this new version).

Thanks!

Take care,

Fred