sdrsharp & hdsdr mutually exclusive?

wa5ngp

Jan 12, 2017, 10:01:23 AM1/12/17
to Ultra Cheap SDR
I had  been going back and forth using either sdrsharp and hdsdr on a couple of pcs, w7 & w10.  I have observed that  after using hdsdr on w10  that sdrsharp will fail on startup.with a message "cannot access RTL device".  It is as if hdsdr has left some kind of mess behind it that prevents sdrsharp from accessing the device.

Just to be clear on this I'm not attempting to run both at the same and a complete reboot of the pc makes no difference.

One other  interesting thing is  that to make hdsdr run on w10  I have to launch it as administrator otherwise it is prevented from accessing a dll.  I could reinstall sdrsharp but I suspect that the same problem will reoccur.

There must  be some kind of mutual exclusion that occurs..  I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this and if they have figured out some file properties or registry entry that needs to be tweaked.  I noticed something like this before and quite by accident I noticed that if I logged into w7 as a different user I could make either one work but not both with the same user.

More background I'm using an E4000 based dongle with an upconverter.

tks
Don

jdow

Jan 12, 2017, 3:48:13 PM1/12/17
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
If HDSDR uses the rtltcp.exe program you want to stop that as well as hdsdr.

{^_^}