Firmware update in RepG fails

Gertjan

Dec 30, 2011, 4:00:36 PM12/30/11
to Ultimaker
We recently assembled our new Ultimaker. For better printresults, I
understand it’s better to upgrade the firmware from standard 5D to
Marlin (v3). I use RepG v26 and followed the instruction on
http://wiki.ultimaker.com/How_to_upload_new_firmware_to_the_motherboard
The instructions works fine until I have to select the comport the
Ultimaker is connected to: the green status (connected) turns into red
(not connected). When I push the Upload-button, the following message
appears: “The firmware update did not succeed. Check the console for
details”. RepG is connected at baudrate 57200. Please help!

Jelle Boomstra

Dec 30, 2011, 5:45:35 PM12/30/11
to ulti...@googlegroups.com
At least select the marlin driver if you want to run marlin. I read some stuff about editing some xml file to allow for an even higher baudrate.., but that could apply to netfabb only too.

For information about the Ultimaker, visit: http://Ultimaker.com

--
Met vriendelijke groeten / with kind regards,

Jelle Boomstra

mavery

Dec 31, 2011, 9:37:16 AM12/31/11
to Ultimaker
I had similar issues upgrading to marlin as well. if uploading through
repG you need to stick with v2. as v3 cannot be uploaded through repG,
at least when I tried last time about 2 weeks ago.

I had difficulties uploading through ardunio directly. compiling went
fine but the connection and upload could not be made successfully. I
am not familiar with ardunio, so for me the safe bet was to move back
to the repG pathway.

I am pleased with the results so far and will wait for future updates
before trying to update again. it is much better than the 5D for sure.
baudelaire is set to 115200