Dusting off the Distro

devnet

Feb 23, 2013, 6:59:43 PM2/23/13
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

With Mandriva and the Foundation established and a release from them imminent...I'd like to take the time to let everyone know we're in the tentative plans of dusting off the distribution and getting a solid base release out.

I've spoken with mdawkins and he's excited about being able to use ABF, the ROSA Linux build system, to churn out our releases.  This allows us to use Mandriva and ROSA repositories and packages as well as having a better system in place for QA since we can tie builds to individual repository commits and developer milestones.

Look for more action to begin with Unity in the upcoming weeks as we start to move forward...and look for new developments on the website.  One of the things I'd like to do is to wipe our forums out and re-establish a fresh copy.  Things are too outdated and we've developed a huge spam problem.  I'm going to provide the existing forums in an archive format but I'll be looking to replace them with a fresh forum soon.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let us know and keep in mind, the original goals of Unity are still in place...we've just had to put our little distro on hold while things above us stabilized.  Thanks for sticking with us as we go onward with 2013!

Kate Draven

Feb 23, 2013, 7:16:23 PM2/23/13
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thank you SO much!

I feel safe in saying that all of us appreciate the work all of you have been
doing. The wait is finally over!

Kate
AKA The Borg Queen

Robert Xu

Feb 23, 2013, 10:36:51 PM2/23/13
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Well, this is good news!

It's literally been quite dead in here the past few months... Good to
see things starting to move again!
(Additionally, I haven't been keeping up too much, as I've been
dragged away to Java and Golang work...)

Can't wait to see what Unity Linux will do!
(Does this mean #unitylinux will become slightly more active again?)

--
Robert Xu :: protocol.by/rxu

jesus manuel hernandez

Feb 24, 2013, 1:58:48 AM2/24/13
to ul-developers

Thank you SO much!

COOL¡ LEGENDARY¡ GREAT¡

The wait is finally over!

I Can't wait to see what Unity Linux will do¡

 I CAN SAYING LOUD AND CLEAR
I REALLY REALLY APRECIATE the hard work all of you have been
doing

jesus
AKA chuy_

devnet

Feb 24, 2013, 2:37:02 AM2/24/13
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Robert Xu <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can't wait to see what Unity Linux will do!
(Does this mean #unitylinux will become slightly more active again?)

Yes, it does mean that :)

Anurag Bhandari

Feb 25, 2013, 10:05:53 AM2/25/13
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful to see activity at Unity after a long while :)

Is there a roadmap for the planned release somewhere? Who'd be creating the ISO?

devnet

Feb 26, 2013, 10:37:09 AM2/26/13
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Anurag Bhandari <anura...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wonderful to see activity at Unity after a long while :)

Is there a roadmap for the planned release somewhere? Who'd be creating the ISO?

I'll defer that question to mdawkins.  He's begun to talk about iso generation again with myself and a couple of other people so he'd have a better idea of when some snapshots for testing will come out.  Once we have those out we'll get a better idea of the work that is needed for a release.