Yo Momma

Kaleb

Dec 4, 2015, 11:41:19 AM12/4/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Yo momma so fat, xz can't compress her. :-O

Sorry, but I *had* to tell this to somebody, and y'all were the only ones that would get it.

Jeremiah Summers

Dec 4, 2015, 12:01:19 PM12/4/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Haha

On Dec 4, 2015 9:41 AM, "Kaleb" <djj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yo momma so fat, xz can't compress her. :-O

Sorry, but I *had* to tell this to somebody, and y'all were the only ones that would get it.

Jeremiah Summers

Dec 4, 2015, 12:02:34 PM12/4/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

What have you been up to? Its about time I write a monthly update on Unity some cool stuff has happened.

Kate Draven

Dec 4, 2015, 12:41:48 PM12/4/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Friday 04 December 2015, Jeremiah Summers wrote:
> What have you been up to? Its about time I write a monthly update on Unity
> some cool stuff has happened.
That would actually be a good idea. A simple newsletter. Nothing fancy just
updates.

I'm currently waiting to go to sleep. Been up for 24 hrs recovering data from
a win10 hd. I hate windows, and it never pays enough for all this rubbish.

I've also been working on trinity on a remaster of pclinuxos. Its ok, could
even replace Ark, but tdm doesn't work, gdm is ugly and cumbersome but mostly
works. xdm, doesn't work.

I wish I knew enough about programming to do something more than test this
stuff.

Speaking of testing, let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Kate

PS you asked!!!!

Jeremiah Summers

Dec 4, 2015, 12:47:09 PM12/4/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Thank Kate! Im working on the letter now.

Chris Evans

Dec 4, 2015, 12:47:31 PM12/4/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
I'd also like to see Unity rise from the ashes.If I can help in any way let me know.

z3r0

Yo momma so fat, xz can't compress her. :-O

Sorry, but I *had* to tell this to somebody, and y'all were the only ones that would get it.

Kate Draven

Dec 4, 2015, 1:01:29 PM12/4/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Friday 04 December 2015, Jeremiah Summers wrote:
> Thank Kate! Im working on the letter now.
Let me know if I can help.
I is berry good wit duh ritten wurd.
Kate

Kaleb

Dec 4, 2015, 1:09:17 PM12/4/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Yo momma so fat you gotta address her in 128 bit.

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jun 25, 2016, 8:20:39 PM6/25/16
to ul-developers
There is Still somethig very wrong with you... :P

Kaleb

Jun 26, 2016, 9:57:52 PM6/26/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

I still have some growing up to do.

I realized this inside my blanket fort. I was coloring.

Jeremiah Summers

Jun 27, 2016, 3:08:55 AM6/27/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Yo momma so fat they invented ipv6 to address her.

Kate Draven

Jun 27, 2016, 12:57:28 PM6/27/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
That's what makes you wonderful.
Long live the blanket fort, and those who live in them.

Kate

On Sunday 26 June 2016, Kaleb wrote:
> I still have some growing up to do.
>
> I realized this inside my blanket fort. I was coloring.
> On Jun 25, 2016 8:20 PM, "Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini" <gemini...@gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > There is Still somethig very wrong with you... :P
> >
> > On Friday, December 4, 2015 at 1:09:17 PM UTC-5, Kaleb Marshall wrote:
> >> Yo momma so fat you gotta address her in 128 bit.

Resistance is futile.
Now where's the chocolate?

Kate Draven

Jun 27, 2016, 12:58:09 PM6/27/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
OMG, I'm having this one. I know a few local lads that would get this.

:)

Kate
On Monday 27 June 2016, Jeremiah Summers wrote:
> Yo momma so fat they invented ipv6 to address her.
>
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2016, 6:57 PM Kaleb <djj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I still have some growing up to do.
> >
> > I realized this inside my blanket fort. I was coloring.
> > On Jun 25, 2016 8:20 PM, "Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini"
> > <gemini...@gmail.com>
> >
> > wrote:
> >> There is Still somethig very wrong with you... :P

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jun 30, 2016, 2:36:10 AM6/30/16
to ul-developers
You always color outside the lines... gimme your purple crayons, I'm jonesin'.
How have you been?
Who's still involved, who's Lead dev now is it Jman?
Has anyone heard from Gettinther?
That;s a lotta ?'s but wanted to see how everyone is doing, and what's been going on.

Kaleb

Jul 5, 2016, 12:46:28 PM7/5/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hey, that's not purple, that's royal blue. I want the royal blue.

S'all good here. Haven't heard from Gettinther in years. Shame; my life probably would have taken a different turn if he had stuck around. I'd probably still be developing Linux stuff.

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 5, 2016, 1:11:50 PM7/5/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hey if you ever feel like starting again I could use some help :P

Stumpy842

Jul 5, 2016, 6:54:20 PM7/5/16
to ul-developers
Yeah after Tex came back and he, Cindy and all the others with clout at PCLOS rejected the interim effort put forth (mostly by Gett and I'm sure I don't want to enumerate everyone now, my memory isn't that good), I think Gett was disheartened and wasn't really into it as much then. He told someone in the Unity gruop (Matt maybe) that he was working on a super-secret project which was going to change the world (or something to that effect) and didn't have much time to spare for other activities, then he sort of disappeared.

I haven't done much Linuxing (is that even a word?) since those days myself, I guess real life kind of took over here too...  ; )

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 5, 2016, 7:02:31 PM7/5/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

I'm fortunate to do Linuxing for a living, next week a start a new Job at a company called IO. I also run a Christian minecraft server for my son ChristianCraft.Org. Both I love doing.. Both I have a hard time finding people my age who enjoy it. Its no fun without the community aspect.

Kate Draven

Jul 5, 2016, 7:20:32 PM7/5/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
What is Christian minecraft?
I don't play computer games. To me, computers are tools. However, I've been
looking for something fun to do because I'm over stressed and the oncologist.
tell me I need to unwind.

Kate

PS,
Not a Christian or the like, does it matter?
PS PS, am I the only one that thinks of the Three Dog Night song with every I
see Jeremiah's name?

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 5, 2016, 8:01:28 PM7/5/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hello Kate

Its a Minecraft Server that's Christian oriented. We have Bible verses post in the chat every few minutes sometimes have in-depth theological conversations, share the gospel with those that ask.. But for the most part we just play Minecraft.. Build things make games and explore. It's a safe place for kids because we have chat controls that don't allow swearing and we have a land claim system that keeps people from wrecking projects. We also have a few plugins that allow you to have pet, teleport to different locations etc.. And yes.. I am very familiar with Joy to the World.

Kate Draven

Jul 5, 2016, 8:05:16 PM7/5/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info.

See you online,

Kate

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 11, 2016, 8:08:09 PM7/11/16
to ul-developers
Speaking of minecraft... is anyone interested in maybe working on a project similar to minecraft? I have actually been playing around with Minetest lately. It is a really good community and in need of devs and skilled individuals... so I thought, "Hey, I know a whole bunch of those!>" :D

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 11, 2016, 8:09:25 PM7/11/16
to ul-developers
Oh great.... Gettinther is gonna blow up the world...

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 11, 2016, 8:11:18 PM7/11/16
to ul-developers
:( well that stinks... I kinda liked that guy :P Maybe he'll come back around... sure hope he is doing well.

Not Linux devving???!!!! LUKE.... come back from the dark side

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 11, 2016, 8:33:32 PM7/11/16
to ul-developers

I prefer voxelands myself :)

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 11, 2016, 8:43:34 PM7/11/16
to ul-developers
which is a fork of Minetest ;)
If anyone is interested just let me know.... something different, and promises to be a nice change and some fun?

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 11, 2016, 8:44:38 PM7/11/16
to ul-developers
this format still confuses the bejesus out of me

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 11, 2016, 9:21:59 PM7/11/16
to ul-developers
Yeah..., their BS disheartened a lot of people. I can't even find any of my work and I wonder if they dumped everything? Oh well, far in the past now

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 11, 2016, 9:24:38 PM7/11/16
to ul-developers

I'm more willing to support a game then a game engine. I had this conversation at minetest and that's what caused me to go to voxelands. When minetest stopped being a game and just a game engine.. I jumped ship. A lot of us did.

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 11, 2016, 9:58:40 PM7/11/16
to ul-developers
My issue with Minetest is, it looks so much like Minecraft but is missing things likes mobs.. unless you add a mod and then mobs can be unstable causing minetest to crash. The focus for minetest has gone to the gaming engine, however if there's nothing to offer other then a game that is missing the key features of minecraft, and doesn't feel like minecraft, but looks like minecraft.. It's going to turn people off. No one is going to want to mess with mods and making a game something it should already be. Game developers use game engines.. users do not. Seems like a similar issue we ran into with Unity.. I like Voxelands.. because it's similiar to Minecraft but different enough that I don't think it is minecraft. I am not comparing it because it is so different.. yet at the same time it's voxel based open world format game. Also though kind of corny.. it has mobs and AI (sounds) along with various other features that come with the game.. it's a true game that I don't have to modify. Just my opinion, but that's the reason I no longer host a minetest server or give them feedback because it's no interest to me to fiddle with it.

David Baum

Jul 12, 2016, 2:30:32 AM7/12/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
What programming language is involved there?

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 12, 2016, 8:54:11 AM7/12/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

C++ for both and lua for Minetests modding API.

David Baum

Jul 12, 2016, 8:56:34 AM7/12/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Can you drop the link to the git repo?

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 12, 2016, 8:59:47 AM7/12/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 13, 2016, 12:31:11 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
Jman... I was not even aware you were involved... Now Im trying to guess your username there :P
That is pretty cool... I have only done a couple of modes.... I started my own scripting language, it's called... "copy/paste" :P
Well, there is currently a change at Minetest, and moving toward putting teams together to create an "actual game"
But, yes... the engine could use more devs... and as stated, there is a focus now toward what you left for.
If anyone is interested, please do follow the links JMiahMan put up...
It might be worth it for anyone who jumped to maybe talk a again? Maybe the two could benefit now from collaborating> IDK, I do not know all the internals, and I am not a dev.
But I do remember the personal emotions which can be involved from our own past experiences...
Anyway, I'd love to see some old friends there... whether devving or not (yep it;s officially a "word" now) 47 and I'm laying a game haha... but I use it for building and it is a great stress reliever : )
BTW J... if you need any help with any graphics or GUI when you're ready just let me know...

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 13, 2016, 12:50:03 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
Well, this is what is now being discussed... and it seems to be agreed to now, even among the core devs...
I guess sometimes things just take time to come around...
What are the feeling at Voxelands? Any chance of starting to collaborate? or is the separation to far along already? Or are the feelings too hot? I'm just asking and won't go any further than here .
I just really like this project, and have been watching how the community / Dev team interact and have viewed concerns and wishes, and critique from past posts etc.... I'm glad that now people are talking about focusing on this topic because it is the only topic which will bring this project to the next step (which it maybe could have done before) but, sometimes. some things come about only when they are supposed to... (Thought I'd throw some corny spiritual babble in there) :D

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 13, 2016, 12:54:36 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
Paul I really liked the idea of Minetest and what it spawned. I am not a great C++ developer. I can read and edit patches but the more complex things I ask for help on. Neal Gompa really helped Unity out with that, in getting rpm.org to compile and helping me with the proper patches for MUSL.

Currently I have started a new job and I am going to school full time for my Associates in Linux Network Administration. I have no time for Minetest, but when I get more free time to develop I with focus that all towards Unity..

Which brings up this. I have gotten Unity to boot Xorg and E19. I am missing Python and some key packages because my upstream (redhat/fedora) is reworking how they package Python and pulling in the proper requires automatically. So I stepped off the Gas and am letting the dust setting in multiple areas before I pick back up again.

Also I want to reassess what I am doing here and in the very least become something you and the other previous team members would want to use.

If that means dropping musl and going to glibc, or various other options that we can all agree on then I will do it. If no one cares much anymore I will continue on my path. Really though I have learned, I like community. I like working with people and working out problems. I will (and have) continued to work on Unity but at a slow pace without much of a community. Really though I much much rather do this for a group of people who can leave feedback and give me more of a direction. I don't like developing/packaging in a corner, kinda undermines open source.

Kind regards

Jeremiah

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 13, 2016, 12:56:14 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
That all depends on DarkRose she is queen over at Voxelands. I'm sure if they are nice she'll come around.. seems pretty reasonable and talented. So hopefully they reach out to her.

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 13, 2016, 1:19:12 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
Patience is always the key. I feel bad it seems we all sort of faded. I dropped off solely due to some health issues and at the time personal matters..., but things were stalling around rpm5 at the time and the group was steering toward solely a "core" product so did not see much I could contribute other than minor packaging skills.
I'm very glad you did not give up on Unity... I commend you on that and what you've done since.
I am sure a community will build around the work again... I see your point though... kinda odd having "Unity" being a one-man team :\

So, is E19 the final choice? Are you going to move more toward Wayland?

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 13, 2016, 1:21:05 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
Sounds like very good advice to me... But, I am not a big cookie I am only a small crumb :P
Maybe I'll mention this to paramat, I won't reference where it came from if I shouldn't.... man... eggshells again haha

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 13, 2016, 1:29:59 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
I forgot to add... I think, (when you have a chance) and maybe you have already but... LXDE and RazorQT have merged and are now LXQT. I think this might be more appealing. I love E19 but it is still an odd UI for most. But if sticking with it, Agust would be a good person to get in touch with. I realize this is a long way from ready for visual flexing but, just a note to sticky somewhere ;)

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 13, 2016, 2:16:42 PM7/13/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
May not want to reference me.. I dont remember where I left off. I did post on the Voxeland forums just to see a response.

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 13, 2016, 2:20:10 PM7/13/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Love lxqt and I have messed with it early on with Razor and more recent (6 months or so) as LXQt.. But qt was huge last I checked and pulled in a bunch of other libs.. Might be better now and I went with E19 because (at least at the time) it pulled in less depends. I will review again though. Thanks for the suggestion we seem to have similar tastes.

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 13, 2016, 2:38:30 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
you got it. and thank you

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 13, 2016, 2:52:42 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
I agree E19 is incredibly light, and does look really nice... but, as I said.., it is a bit awkward in delivery. But, they also seem to be moving toward a big focus on Wayland, which may pos issues in the ways of using it when they begin to run into their own issues.
The merge of LXDE and RazorQT did seem a bit odd and to go against LXDE's original goals but, in a world where the more eye-candy, the better, maybe that was their frame of mind to keep alive? Most all the DE's which were so light back in 2006/07 are now a bit more bloated, and the ones which came out of all the forks and splits within Gnome & KDE... are so slow in development and always sketchy knowing "if" they will even survive? Things have changed so much, and at a faster / higher rate than we are (or were) used to.
One thing I do see as a benefit with E19, is their development toward multi-device platform... It's a tough choice, as with all aspects nowadays. Sometimes it seems there actually "can" be a such thing as too many choices.

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 13, 2016, 3:05:27 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
Just so you know. It is not a refocus "away from the engine". The core devs will still focus on the engine, and the "Minetest core game for modding as has been.
What is happening now, is a focus as well on putting another 'game" dev team to create a more content rich game (which so many have wished for past and present)
So to sum it up... the same ole same ole..., with the addition of what has been discussed / argued about in the past. Does that make sense? haha

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 13, 2016, 3:08:12 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
... and btw. I use the name TumeniNodes on MT forums.

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 13, 2016, 10:58:35 PM7/13/16
to ul-developers
I see that.. I can set you up with a small server at ChristianCraft.org if you would like, if you're willing to set up the mods etc..

Paul LeBlanc

Jul 14, 2016, 11:43:40 AM7/14/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the offer Jeremiah, but I do not play Minecraft and, I have not even gone onto any server as of yet haha.
I use MT in creative only, to build and make mods. Although I have been thinking about going on a server just to see what it's like, maybe beat up some kids :P

I do want to remind you regarding that post you made at Voxelands that, the idea is to add an official game... while still maintaining the engine dev and (what is called Mintest_Game) as it has been, for modding and creating subgames with.
I don't know if you may wish to edit your post to reflect this?
Personally, I think it would make the most sense to speak with DarkRose about tagging Voxelands as "the official game". That way each aspect retains it's name, and it would benefit both entities in many ways.
IDK, I have to think out the proposal and approach C55 and the core dev team with the idea.

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 14, 2016, 11:48:01 AM7/14/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

I changed it

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 14, 2016, 11:48:46 AM7/14/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Im most likely not the person to do this though. I have no patience for negotiations.

Paul LeBlanc

Jul 14, 2016, 12:15:47 PM7/14/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Cool : )
I'm not sure if it would take much negotiating, the two teams seem to still be on friendly terms (as far as I have seen on MT forums)
there are members who frequent both sites and do modding and texture packs etc on both... and MT has areas on the forum regarding Voxelands...
I would not negotiate, I will be merely throwing the idea out to C55 and the core dev team and leave it there. It would be up to them to talk it over and if agreed, then approach DarkRose with the idea.
In my opinion, collaborating under this idea would benefit both communities, while leaving things sort of as they are for the most part, which I think should be very appealing to both entities.
Both gain a part they are currently lacking, Voxelands updates to the latest engine release and benefits from it's development downstream, Minetest benefits from having an actual "official game" and from game development upstream, Both benefit from gaining more devs with experience, etc.... as they could also help one another as/where/when needed...

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 14, 2016, 12:23:26 PM7/14/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

As long as Minetest stays closer to minecraft Ill be happy. I like voxelands.. But I really like the idea of a close minecraft clone.. That's free.

Jeremiah Summers

Jul 14, 2016, 12:24:11 PM7/14/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Im trying my hardest to not be involved as it would consume my time. Its tempting though..

Paul LeBlanc

Jul 14, 2016, 2:26:25 PM7/14/16
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
That is the only area I will not get involved in much (the be like MC / not be like MC topic)
I do have an opinion on it though, and have stated it. I feel if those involved can create an end result which is "somewhat" close to MC, without stirring MS lawyers then, ok. But, I would opt for slight similarities, while being noticeably original or unique.
The one thing I see many doing is, wanting "MC for free" and being put off if it is not. Then opting to go with MC for $30.00, I mean..., why not add donations along with requests?
Have you seen the code? It's pretty complicated to me, and I know many of the MC type things people want are not very easy to accomplish.
Heck, I'm slow in learning Lua haha. I am able to mimic existing scripts, with "some" differences via experimenting but so far, can only be given to luck rather than skill. I am still unable to come up with my own entirely "from scratch" Lua scripts. I do really like Lua though... it's pretty flexible and powerful.
As far as involvement on my end..., that will only go as far as I am asked or included, and as far as my own skills can grant.
Even graphics wise I am at a disadvantage because I am not very good with pixel art. Some of the things others put out astound me at the level of detail they are able to pull from 16px images and less.
I have been slowly working on a full 64px TP and "might" eventually put together a Minetest 64px option.
But, while I love the images people can produce with 16px I do not care for the "tiled" look it makes my eyes crazy... but I also don't like texture packs which use too realistic images either, they look so odd to me, even with shaders etc...
So my pack, (I hope) is that "in between" mark which will hopefully be appealing to others. I have redone so many of the textures, repeatedly... my goal is to reduce a tiled look as much as possible, while giving a much smoother, overall look as well as more detail without going overboard with too much detail.
I PMd the idea regarding Voxelands to paramat, just gonna wait to see his response. I told him it is the last I will mention it unless I hear otherwise. He would be the one to approach C55 about it if he feels it's a reasonable idea.
I, myself don;t want to get any more involved than that :P