Unity-Linux 2017

OnlyHuman

Sep 10, 2017, 12:52:16 PM9/10/17
to ul-developers

Good to hear that JMiahMan has been working on Unity-Linux again, :)
this time using the established Mageia distro main repo for rpms and some unity-linux customisations.
Very early days at the moment.
Any old Unity-linux friends still around and interested?

http://unity-linux.org/

irc://freenode/unitylinux

Best wishes,
OnlyHuman

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Sep 12, 2017, 12:23:24 PM9/12/17
to ul-developers
JMiahMan, let me know if you need anything from me

Jeremiah Summers

Sep 12, 2017, 8:25:39 PM9/12/17
to ul-developers

Well Sir what would you want to do?

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Sep 16, 2017, 2:12:20 AM9/16/17
to ul-developers
same as always, graphics related sh...tuff. Possibly, eventually I could offer packaging but, as of now I have not built a package for about 7 or 8 years 0_0
I know you are just in the early stages right now but if anything graphics-wise pops up, I'm here.

JMiahMan

Jan 27, 2019, 10:03:02 PM1/27/19
to ul-developers
Hey if you were serious I would love to get some backgrounds icons etc.. from you. However I am using Fedora as a base now as I realized Mageia was never going to drop urpmi and embrace some better packaging technologies, also I did a community edition for the Korora community and realized with Korora being officially dead, that left a void. So now Unity-Linux is going to fill that void. I already have XFCE ISOs being built on a nightly basis and I am doing tweaks etc.. I would really love to get some images and themes going. I've done some but noticed I'm not too good. You can check out the SysLinux and Plymouth theme for yourself:

https://dl.unitylinux.org/isos/testing/29/unitylinux-live-xfce-29-x86_64/

I would really like to present a nice looking experience from the get go for the testers, just so they feel like it's something they'd like to run. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Kind regards

Jeremiah

JMiahMan

Jan 27, 2019, 10:04:08 PM1/27/19
to ul-developers
Oh and a great resource for images I need to theme would be here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ThemingOverview

Again any help would be much appreciated.