packages which kill mklivecd-operation

Yogibaer

May 2, 2012, 3:05:37 PM5/2/12
to ul-developers
I am working on a remaster for SAMity arch i586. I have installed xfce
4.10. Several packages I had to exclude from updating. This is the
list which is not yet complete. Not all packages destroy mklivecd
(means not bootable iso as an example) so I mention the reason for
each specific packages. Example plymouth 8.4 is not working so I stay
with 8.3 at the moment.

pinned packages to prevent updates in cooker for my former SAMity
status March. number of updates is around 350. :)

basesystemfile 2012.0-1-unity2011
basesysten-minimal 2011.0-6-mdv
busybox-static 1:1.18.4-3-mdv2011
coreutils 8.15-1-mdv2012
initscripts 9.25-8-mdv2012
kernel-desktop 3.2.9-1.1-mdv2012
kernel-firmware 20110904-1-mdv2012
kernel-firmware-extra 20110817-1-mdv2012 the new one kills mcc
libjavascriptcoregtk 1:1.6.1-1-mdv2012
libopenssl1.0.0 1.0.0g-1-mdv2012 the new one kills gdm-220
libwebkitgtk1.0_0 1:1.6.1-1-mdv2012 the new one kills mcc
mkinitrd 6.0.93-23-mdv2011
openssh 5.9p1-2-mdv2012 the new one kills gdm-220

systemd, -sysvinit and -units 39-2-mdv2012
udev 175-4-mdv2012
the newer x11-video-drivers need to be crosschecked. After update the
VBox-install did not boot any more into the screen and kept just
stalled.

this list might be incomplete. But with this older packages I am able
to go on with remasterind.

Greetz
Yogibaer

OnlyHuman

May 2, 2012, 3:13:33 PM5/2/12
to ul-developers
Thanks yogibaer, I found today even trying to be careful my remastered
iso boots fine but when installed will not boot, when finishing
install got error message,
starting acpi daemon: acpid:sThe "draklive-install" program has
crashed with the following error
acpid: opendir (/etc/acpi/events) no such file or directory /usr/lib/
libdrakx/fs/get.pm line 99
hope you have more luck with your remaster.

dillj

May 2, 2012, 4:22:23 PM5/2/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Yogibear, I'll see what I can do next week/this weekend

Yogibaer

May 19, 2012, 12:41:23 PM5/19/12
to ul-developers
Short wrap up of the latest activities:
Using now kernel 3.3.6-desktop
Some of the packages which were not working last time are now working.
The new list of pinned rpm's in smart looks like that now:

> > basesystemfile                            2012.0-1-unity2011
> > busybox-static                             1:1.18.4-3-mdv2011
> > coreutils                                      8.15-1-mdv2012
> > initscripts                                    9.25-8-mdv2012
> > libjavascriptcoregtk                      1:1.6.1-1-mdv2012
> > libwebkitgtk1.0_0    1:1.6.1-1-mdv2012  the new one kills mcc
> > mkinitrd                                       6.0.93-23-mdv2011
> > udev                                           175-4-mdv2012
> > the newer x11-video-drivers need to be crosschecked. After update the
> > VBox-install did not boot any more into the screen and kept just
> > stalled.
the latest python-rpm kills smart. Several error messages in smart
according python errors in several lines and smart closes itself.
the latest kernel-firmware or kernel-firmware extra removes the
rt3090.bin firmaware and replaces it with a symlink to rt2860.bin
firmware. At least in my eeepc only the rt3090.bin works and not the
symlink.

Plymouth is also an old version because I faced problems with the new
one. So I will test what'S about it and report back.

Thats for now, try to eliminate more packages from the above list.
Greetz
Yogibaer

Matthew Dawkins

May 20, 2012, 11:43:05 AM5/20/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Yogibaer <schubert...@directbox.com> wrote:
Short wrap up of the latest activities:
Using now kernel 3.3.6-desktop
Some of the packages which were not working last time are now working.
The new list of pinned rpm's in smart looks like that now:

I've built a new 32bit iso, and as suspected it segment faults right after opening the kernel.
So I'm looking at the packages here for likely suspects.

> > basesystemfile                            2012.0-1-unity2011 <- The unity pkg should pull first, and its just a metapkg
> > busybox-static                             1:1.18.4-3-mdv2011 <- afaict nothing changed here except for the version
> > coreutils                                      8.15-1-mdv2012 <- again nothing changed except for the version
> > initscripts                                    9.25-8-mdv2012 <- minor patch applied for a typo
> > libjavascriptcoregtk                      1:1.6.1-1-mdv2012 <- this has to do with webkit not booting
> > libwebkitgtk1.0_0    1:1.6.1-1-mdv2012  the new one kills mcc <- webkit is viewing html etc
> > mkinitrd                                       6.0.93-23-mdv2011  <- the most current version in cooker ???
> > udev                                           175-4-mdv2012 <- I can believe this might have an effect
My guess is some where with kmod and prolly a missing lib in the initrd ....

> > the newer x11-video-drivers need to be crosschecked. After update the
> > VBox-install did not boot any more into the screen and kept just
> > stalled.
Will check later... lets get a boot first.

the latest python-rpm kills smart. Several error messages in smart
according python errors in several  lines and smart closes itself.
the latest kernel-firmware or kernel-firmware extra removes the
rt3090.bin firmaware and replaces it with a symlink to rt2860.bin
firmware. At least in my eeepc only the rt3090.bin works and not the
symlink.
The new smart is fixed and in the repos now.

Plymouth is also an old version because I faced problems with the new
one. So I will test what'S about it and report back.
Same ole, no idea wtf is going on with plymouth.

Yogibaer

May 20, 2012, 11:51:46 AM5/20/12
to ul-developers
Have now done the update of all packages aside
> busybox-static 1:1.18.4-3-mdv2011
> coreutils 8.15-1-mdv2012
> initscripts 9.25-8-mdv2012
mkinitrd is still pinned, no newer version available.
udev 175.4
libqlr0

all isos were bootable and installable.

a new iso with initscript, coreutils and busybox will be tested soon.

keep you posted

Yogibaer

May 20, 2012, 12:34:51 PM5/20/12
to ul-developers

> a new iso with initscript, coreutils and busybox will be tested soon.

did not boot

plymouth update:
plymouth installs fine, gives the error
Need `inst` function, try setting PLYMOUTH_POPULATE_SOURCE_FUNCTIONS
to a file that defines it

when I install a new theme. same error appears during mklivecd. That
is clear as the plymouth update initrd is the same command as during
installation.

let see if the iso will boot.

jesus manuel hernandez

May 20, 2012, 12:43:11 PM5/20/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
dracut its need and apply this pacht http://cgit.freedesktop.org/plymouth/commit/?id=270615b51696d712fa1fe7bb17e544d97beafc75, i try this whitout success, i chat whit plymouth devs and say me to update the plymouth 0.8.5

Yogibaer

May 20, 2012, 1:50:24 PM5/20/12
to ul-developers
ok, with latest plymouth I have a working iso and an error message
directory not found, but the liveiso-boots up. Nonetheless I am sure
we have to get the update to 8.5 as written in the last mail.

Matthew Dawkins

May 20, 2012, 3:02:16 PM5/20/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
There is not such thing as a 0.8.5 release afaik...... just the latest snapshots and that's what's in cooker.

Or show me a link to a tarball....

Yogi so what pkgs were held back? udev? The more I think about it. It's gotta be a missing lib in the initrd and I'll start to map out the deps again.

Yogibaer

May 20, 2012, 3:19:00 PM5/20/12
to ul-developers

I understood such that a plymouth 8.5 exists. But if I am wrong, ok.

The held back packages are

Have now done the update of all packages aside
> busybox-static 1:1.18.4-3-mdv2011
> coreutils 8.15-1-mdv2012
> initscripts 9.25-8-mdv2012

mkinitrd is still pinned, no newer version available.
udev 175.4
libqlr0
and basesystem-minimal 2012.0-1-unity2011.0@i586

addon for plymouth 8.4. Above is the error message obtained in the
installing a new theme. BUT:
after installing the liveiso the resulting install run immediately
into kernel-panic, so no segfault.
So I stay atm with plymouth 8.3 (another pinned package) with
dependencies

jesus manuel hernandez

May 20, 2012, 8:33:11 PM5/20/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
i tink its time to release and update other cli iso because,the current give so much problems and inestable,maybe wait for the next release, i have graneyard full whit fails isos XD and still grow up

Yogibaer

May 21, 2012, 6:33:21 AM5/21/12
to ul-developers
Have a new iso based on the CLI-22022012 updated with the mentioned
pinned packages. Will upload this to my dropbox-folder today in the
evening.

:-)

jesus manuel hernandez

May 21, 2012, 11:46:41 AM5/21/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

tanks Yogibaer you are awesone :)

Thomas Fröhlich

May 23, 2012, 2:09:46 AM5/23/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Yogi,

but i can't boot it, error is depended to mismatching a mount loop...

Your iso  SAMity-2012-xfce-4_10_branded boot good, and the update of all channels and followed upgrade all new pkg's
works.

For the wbar i have newer startup-scripts here on a pclos-based installation, i will setup a dropbox in near days or upload
srpm to my space on http://www.quá-ít.de/rpms.html.
Hope can change to UL-Base complete.

More in next times.

Thomas Fröhlich

May 23, 2012, 2:11:33 AM5/23/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

2012/5/23 Thomas Fröhlich <oh.q...@googlemail.com>

For the wbar i have newer startup-scripts here on a pclos-based installation, i will setup a dropbox in near days or upload
srpm to my space on http://www.quá-ít.de/rpms.html.

also for the screenlets newer ideas and pkg's....

Yogibaer

May 23, 2012, 3:18:25 AM5/23/12
to ul-developers
hi Thomas,

looking forward to see your new packages.

I have now 4 iso's in the dropbox. Two are refurbished CLI-isos and
two older xfce-based one's.

Can be that the pure iso has a problem, but the other three are ok.

So waiting for your dropbox to see the new packages.

Greetz
Yogibaer

Yogibaer

Jun 9, 2012, 11:10:37 AM6/9/12
to ul-developers
In the updates from 8th of June there is a drakx-installerbinaries-
probe-1-55-1 which kills mklivecd.
Several files are not longer accessible and mklivecd gives a lot of
error-messages.

I have pinned the old version now in smart to keep mklivecd alive.

Greetz
Yogibaer