About DE

Kate Draven

Jan 20, 2015, 2:46:53 AM1/20/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
There's one more thing I'd like to add. I would like to include Trinity DE.
The fork/continuation of KDE 3.5x. It's proven to be a wonder DE and it has a
dedicated bunch of devels. I'd also like to see Enlightenment, which lends
itself to multimedia centres.

Thanks for your time,

Kate

Jeremiah Summers

Jan 20, 2015, 9:29:20 AM1/20/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
You may want to email me this sometime in the not so distant future, just not now :) I'm not even there yet. I do appreciate your suggestion, though I haven't been a fan of trinity in the past, but if it's still around, being developed and used I don't see why someone couldn't maintain it, I know others have expressed enlightenment enjoyment and I have already promised to help out (not to maintain) with it when the time came that we have something to build off.

Here's what I am not going to do... Import 10000s of packages for no need and expect to be able to maintain them myself. If there's an a community expression of need, I will see that as a "good faith" deposit that I will help others get off the ground and maintain packages, but unless I have an express need for them if I end up having to update a bunch of packages I don't use.. they will be removed when they become outdated unless someone else picks them up. It's incredibly important that we create a base (albeit a small one) and stick to that base and not over extend our capabilities. That's when you get burnt out, things become unstable and untested and you end up becoming someone else's distribution. I want to be distinctly Unity-Linux and that's all (well Synergy too)..

Don't take this as being pointed at you, I'm kinda putting it out there for everyone (even as a reminder to myself). :)

Kind regards

Jeremiah

jesus manuel hernandez

Jan 20, 2015, 6:23:36 PM1/20/15
to ul-developers
I think it would be necessary to form a task team for that
1A5.gif

Jeremiah Summers

Sep 24, 2015, 6:32:25 PM9/24/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
We will most likely go with Enlightenment as a DE, as thre is one very loyal user/dev who has a need for it and I like the look of it. No promises though..
1A5.gif