Desktops

Paul LeBlanc aka Gemini

Jul 17, 2016, 7:43:42 PM7/17/16
to ul-developers
Jeremiah,

 When you are ready, (I know you have other things going on), I would really like to go over DE's with you.
I will be setting up a side-rig in a week or two so I can test / mess around with the lightest out there these days.
The laptop I'll be using is  a bit older (dual core).
Although light is great, if you're changing the focus from "core" to general distribution, visual aspects do need to be a factor, as well as simplicity of use...
meaning what most people are used too, across the board.
A DE which utilizes right click to bring up a floating menu system, (such as E19 and even Blackbox, etc...) anywhere on the screen comes across as awkward,
and slightly confusing for many.
If, E19 has brought a change to this (I admit I am not up to speed in a while with them) then great..., or even if there is a way in which to disable it to use a conventional task/menu bar.
Although... I did use the Gnome PY launcher for a while, a few years back and I loved that... But, again... prob too awkward for most general users. : /

 Anyway..., as I said. When you're ready let me know.
I can even offer to see if I can still screw up packaging real good :P

Paul