Why the new SRPMs dir?

Kaleb

May 26, 2012, 12:47:53 AM5/26/12
to ul-developers
Why is there a new SRPMs directory in the repo structure? Is this taking the place of our missing SVN?

Jon Dill

May 26, 2012, 6:04:34 AM5/26/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 6:47 AM, Kaleb <djj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why is there a new SRPMs directory in the repo structure? Is this taking the place of our missing SVN?

I assume Matt is copying over the svn from the BS.

Matthew Dawkins

May 26, 2012, 12:23:49 PM5/26/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Well, this is a snapshot of what I had left from my checkout.

I'm not putting backup an SVN structure for us to fork packages anymore. So I'm doing one of three things:

Pulling out truly branded packages, ie smart, channels, drakxtools, unity-installer, bootsplash etc.

Upstreaming any packages that are newer or useful and not at Mandriva and are not a complete hack.

And then the rest will never have anything else done with them. The SRPMs are there for historical data.

OnlyHuman

May 27, 2012, 7:42:11 AM5/27/12
to ul-developers
Does this mean if a rpm from cooker breaks unity, we can go back using
older working version,
as will have the source to rebuild previous version, till a fixed
updated version is built?

devnet

May 28, 2012, 11:19:31 AM5/28/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
SRPM means source RPM Onlyhuman.  It is what they use to build the RPMS themselves.  So it doesn't mean anything for end users.