And We're back

Jeremiah Summers

Sep 24, 2015, 4:48:48 PM9/24/15
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Below is a letter I wrote to Jon Dill, but it applies to everyone. If you guys have any information that can help shake these old bones out of dormancy please let me know. I would also like to note we have a very pre-alpha ISO I have posted. Unity Linux (at least for now) is it's own beast.. Highlights MUSL-libc (instead of glibc) OpenRC (as initsystem) RPM5 and YUM. The guys on the MUSL IRC chat room have never heard of a MUSL based RPM5/YUM distribution so we are the first to my knowledge. If you have questions, let me know.

Kind regards

JMiahMan (Jeremiah)

Incase you haven't heard I have started Unity Linux back up again.. this time form the ground up. Not really based on anyonedistribution but using MUSL (as a glibc replacement) YUM and RPM5. I have built some ISOs that are very much a work in progress, but now at this point feel like there's been enough ground work to create something meaningful over the next few months.

It seems as though you were involved with the last few releases back in 2012 and I have been so far out of the loop I had no clue what was going on after 2010/2011. If you have any information on getting repositories to sync, making announcements on distro watch etc.. it would be much appreciated. I would like to see Unity taken out of Dormancy on Distrowatch and maybe out rpm repos and ISOs on a few servers other then my home server. Thanks

Kind regards

Jeremiah