#RefuseWar: Join us on International Conscientious Objection Day

Yurii Sheliazhenko

May 13, 2024, 7:09:51 AMMay 13
to ukrainian-pacifist-movement_googlegroups.com

International Action #RefuseWar – Join in!

On the occasion of International Conscientious Objection Day, 15th May 2024, we are launching the international action #RefuseWar! Join us with your statements against the militarisation of our societies and in solidarity with conscientious objectors worldwide.

Around the world, wars kill millions, destroy communities, and ruin vast landscapes, while plundering the future of humanity and lining the pockets of war profiteers. But where there is war, there are people who resist war and the war machine.

Be one of us!

How to join the #RefuseWar action?

We invite you to join our international #RefuseWar campaign by declaring your opposition to military service in your country and/or your solidarity with conscientious objectors, deserters, and war resisters worldwide using our interactive map here: https://refusewar.org/

With public declarations of refusal and solidarity, we not only want to draw attention to the terrible consequences of wars, but also speak out firmly against militarism, military service, and war preparations. We want to support those who object to and desert war in Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Israel/Palestine, Colombia, Yemen, Sudan, and elsewhere, and multiply the voices of those who are concerned by the militarisation of societies.

This is an international public campaign aiming at interrupting the hegemonic public discourse favouring the militarisation of societies worldwide, it is not an appeal to officially declare your conscientious objection to the military authorities in your country (read more why here under the “Disclaimer” title).

You have three options to join in the #RefuseWar global action:

  • You can contribute directly in the interactive #RefuseWar map where all submitted and authorised statements are published. Once you have uploaded your contribution – click on the little pink plus bullet, and the let system update the map –  it will then take a little bit for your statement to be shown.
  • You can create a written statement, a photo, or a short video (no longer than 30 seconds) and upload it to your social media accounts with the hashtag #RefuseWar. You also find templates for printing a poster here (scroll down for English) which you can use for a photo to be posted.
  • Alternatively, you can simply send us an email at refu...@refusewar.org and we will publish your statement on #RefuseWar.

We are looking forward to your contribution to our interactive map with your statements against militarism and war and in international solidarity with all those who object to military service and war efforts. Thank you!

#RefuseWar is initiated by Connection e.V., War Resisters International, and the European Bureau for Conscientious Objection.

Rear more...
Donate to WRI today

War Resisters' International, 5 Caledonian Road, London N1 9DX, Britain

  Facebook   Twitter   Web   Instagram