430mhz-440mhz patch antenna in stock

Oliver de Peyer

Apr 19, 2022, 1:09:19 PM4/19/22
to Ukhas
For many years I have been trying to get a hold of a patch antenna for the 70cm band after disappointing experiences with commercial yagi antennae for the same band (but that is another story)

I have used one for balloon tracking as well (rather easier than a Yagi when inside a moving vehicle!) in the U.S.

I would also prefer a patch because it is rather a physically less problematic shape (no long spikey bits) when moving around on public transport

I was aware of only one commercial patch antenna for this band, and it has been out of stock, both in the U.K and internationally, for literally years and years.
No more! Radioworld now appears to have stock again.
The item I am going on about is:
220901 70cm (430- 440MHz) low profile patch antenna 8dBi gain

I have of course ordered one

BW

Oliver
M0LVR

Nigel Worsley

Apr 19, 2022, 4:37:25 PM4/19/22
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Out of stock again, looks like you bought the only one :)

Nigel Worsley

Oliver de Peyer

Apr 19, 2022, 5:12:50 PM4/19/22
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I was mortified to discover that after sending my original post!

Odd really - do they really only order _one_ in?
Do a lot of other people go for 70cm patches?

(I only found out about them because of the balloon chase in the U.S, and even then that was an unusual 900mhz U.S-only band)

Anyway, I will experiment and if it is any good, we should perhaps all get on to Radioworld to make a bigger order.

Apologies to the patchless masses

Regards

Ol
M0LVR