RE: [UKHAS] Abridged summary of ukhas@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Ron

May 11, 2024, 3:19:47 PMMay 11
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Nice to see you were only doing 62mph in a 70 zone on the way back ..Well done nice flight ..

Ron G8FJG

May 11, 2024, 4:51:06 PMMay 11
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Out of interest how did you tell this?
How do you download the data from sondehub post flight?

Kind Regards,

Gavin Gill

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 May 2024, at 20:19, 'Ron' via UKHAS <uk...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

<20240511_084842.jpg>

Mark Jessop

May 11, 2024, 6:49:14 PMMay 11
to uk...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the tracker was left on, and was picked up by Ron's station as it was being driven down a nearby highway...

73
Mark

Andrew Mulholland

May 11, 2024, 7:54:47 PMMay 11
to UKHAS
I'm pretty sure this was the case yes, it's a reprogrammed RS41 (one of the newer foam only ones), so a pain to open up and remove the batteries! The students were far more interested in their custom built (Pi Pico based) trackers and associated data, as opposed to the Radiosonde which is just there as a backup.

Mark Jessop

May 11, 2024, 8:08:20 PMMay 11
to uk...@googlegroups.com
When I re-use RS41s, I just remove the clips and then tape the foam shell shut for launch. Makes it much easier to open up after recovery!

Comparing the dashboards from the flight, it did look like your 'backup' tracker had more receivers than your primary trackers ;-)

Unfortunately we still don't have a good way of getting custom telemetry from UKHAS-formatted ASCII packets into SondeHub-Amateur...

73
Mark

David Brooke

May 12, 2024, 6:37:46 AMMay 12
to uk...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 09:38:04AM +0930, Mark Jessop wrote:

> Comparing the dashboards from the flight, it did look like your 'backup'
> tracker had more receivers than your primary trackers ;-)

As it was the middle of the night for me I set three receivers up
beforehand and left them to it. My WSHAB1 receiver didn't receive
anything but it looks as if that signal was weaker than WSHAB2 and I
wasn't awake to try tuning it. Horusdemodlib just worked, as usual.

David G6GZH

Gavin Gill

May 12, 2024, 10:02:49 AMMay 12
to uk...@googlegroups.com
That’s very cool data, thank you for sharing.

I also found this, has yesterdays date, could these be from the flex track?

Kind Regards,

Gavin Gill

Sent from my iPhone