CAA AROps Site Permission vs NOTAM Request

Kevin Walton

Feb 15, 2024, 6:50:09 PMFeb 15
to UKHAS
Hi

Has anyone requested a long term site permission recently?  Did it go ok?

I am sure previously I have used the form here to request annual permission for the site:

After 30 days or so I get a Exemption number back (like 2022-09-0090), and then I just emailed asking for a Notam with 2 to 3 days notice as required refering to that permission number.

This time around I got my BAL number back straight away saying it would be processed, but have never got an Excemption number back, and the twice I have asked about it the reply doesnt look like they have read the question - they just talk about needing 72 hours for a notam request / not having a notam request from me.

I did try calling once but no answer.

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much
Kev

Steve

Feb 16, 2024, 5:33:35 AMFeb 16
to uk...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kev - as far as I know the process hasn't changed recently.  I've been raising NOTAMS against last years Elsworth permit and that has worked OK (as recently as last weekend).  Ive applied for a new permit to replace the existing one a couple of weeks ago.

This is the process as far as I understand it:

You fill in the form on the portal and a BAL number is issued straight away (the BAL number is just a reference for the application as its processed).  The "2022-09-0090" is the Exemption/permission number, which is issued after about a month.  After that its just emails at 72 hours notice to raise the NOTAM against the  Exemption/permission number.

If its been over a month then chase them for your permit against the BAL number -

    "doesnt look like they have read the question - they talk about needing 72 hours for a notam request / not having a notam request. "

sounds like the emails you are getting back are more of an automated response ?"   Suggest chasing with an email to AROps with the BAL number in the Subject.

    Steve G8KHW

Kevin Walton

Feb 16, 2024, 6:14:19 AMFeb 16
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Steve, I'll keep trying.  I do note they infer the process themselves in the footer of their emails -

28 Days                Balloons – Permissions.

3 Days                   Balloons – Notification after permission issued.

I'ts been 6 weeks now since I put the permission request in.

Cheers
Kev

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "UKHAS" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ukhas/52058088-bdbe-40e9-837a-df4781c12f80%40randomaerospace.com.