Flight Announcement, 18-11--2022, 10:00 to 13:00

Matthijs Willemsen

Nov 12, 2022, 6:42:50 AM11/12/22
to UKHAS
Hi all,

I'm aiming for my first flight on 18-11-2022. I am a student, and I am doing this for a school project. It would really be nice if I get some help. The flight details are below:
- The flight starts from Doetinchem in the Netherlands. Here is a Google Maps link; https://goo.gl/maps/ZEMt7kz1Cc5T7JPK7
- I am aiming for a take-off time of 10:30. But it may vary from 10:00 to 13:00.
- The predictor said it would be approximately 60 minutes in the air, and it variated with distance from 16 to 50 kilometers.
- The frequency is: 434.4500
- The mode is: 1
- The call sigh is: flextrak
- And I am using Lora Serial

I am aiming for approximately 1000 meter, and I am chasing it with a friend, my father and a teacher! I would appreciate help, thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Matthijs

Mark Jessop

Nov 13, 2022, 2:17:48 AM11/13/22
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthijs,

I'm a bit surprised about a few things:

- Maximum altitude 1000 metres - are you sure about this? This doesn't line up with your expected time in the air or 60 minutes. What kind of balloon are you using?
- You shouldn't use the callsign of 'flextrak'. This is the default callsign and not a good one to use for a flight. Best to re-program it to something unique.
- Also worth checking the frequency you are using is OK to use in your area. There may be some other high-altitude ballooners in the Netherlands on this list that might be able to advise an appropriate frequency.

Cheers,
Mark VK5QI

Ben Z en de rest

Nov 13, 2022, 6:03:54 AM11/13/22
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthijs,
welcome and as first I hope you have a successful flight.
If you are on Facebook you could join habnl

As Mark mentioned, the frequency you are going to use could limit the receiver range. The round frequencies like  .450 .475 .500 and so on are commonly used by telemetry transmitters (for cranes and more) , LoRa mode 1 has about 21 kHz bandwidth so it could be a better choice if you can shift your transmitter 12.5 kHz up. like 434.462 MHz making your signal better fit between 2 telemetry transmitters in that frequency .

We will get some receivers ready next week :-)

Kind regards
Ben

Matthijs Willemsen

Nov 14, 2022, 9:55:14 AM11/14/22
to UKHAS
Hi Mark and Ben,

Thanks for your response. To answer your questions:
- Excuse my, I forgot to type an extra zero, I actually meant 10,000 meters.
- And thanks for the tip about the frequency, mode and call sign, I will look into it.

Kind regards
Matthijs

Matthijs Willemsen

Nov 16, 2022, 4:31:55 PM11/16/22
to UKHAS
Hi all,

I have unfortunate news, due to technical reasons I have to delay my flight and therefore the flight on 18-11-2022 won't be happening.
I will keep you informed when I will reschedule the flight. Thanks to the ones that helped or wanted to help me.

Greetings,
Matthijs

f6...@free.fr

Nov 17, 2022, 8:00:53 AM11/17/22
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
sorry for delayed your flight.
BHAF can help you, if necessary

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ballonshautealtitudefrance

That's the french group for amateur's balloons

73s F6AGV - BHAF -