LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT - 3rd May 2023

Mark Harper

Apr 18, 2023, 5:06:04 PM4/18/23
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Here's our first Launch of 2023!

This one we're featuring on our LiveStream platform to a number of
schools across the UK and beyond, as we're tying in a Live Lesson with
the schools involved.

We're planning to launch 2 HABs, one running with the HABDuino, and the
other, we'll be running with some help from AmbaSat.

The HAbDuino side will be running on the standard setup

434.650 MHz USB, 50Bd RTTY, 450Hz Shift, 7N1 - callsign hi-impact

I've just tested with FLDigi/HABBase, and it's working fine..Considering
it's been sat in a box for a few years! - I've not had chance to look at
LoRA for the tracking side of recent, hence why I went old school!

AmbaSat will be running LoRA, I will find out what frequencies\config,
their data will feed into their systems to be displayed in their dashboard.

Launch time will be 11am, from our usual spot in Cilcewydd, Powys.

As always, we'll post pics on our FB page:
facebook.com/hiimpactconsultancy and on our Twitter page @hiimpactconsult

Thanks

Mark

Mark Jessop

Apr 18, 2023, 5:45:25 PM4/18/23
to uk...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the AmbaSat board uses LoRaWAN, so different to the LoRa transmissions commonly used in the UK.

73
Mark

Mark Jessop

May 3, 2023, 6:41:03 PM5/3/23
to uk...@googlegroups.com
How did this flight go?

I saw the RTTY was only tracked down to 3.6km altitude. Did you manage to recover it?

73
Mark VK5QI

Mark Harper

May 4, 2023, 4:13:17 PM5/4/23
to uk...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mark

Flight went fine! - Both HABs were recovered as well

Unfortunately I had to go back to the Wirral, due to an issue at work, so was only on site up until about 10 mins into the launch.  So, until someone else picked up the signal, there was a bit of a gap in reception.

They only went the other side of Shrewsbury, but were in undergrowth, so took a bit of a trek to find!

We are putting a video together, so I'll post that once it's completed

73 Mark (MW1MDH)

On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 7:15 AM Mark Jessop <lennieth...@gmail.com>