Fwd: HabHub shut down postpone request

Ondra OK1CDJ

Sep 30, 2022, 6:54:10 AM9/30/22
to uk...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Od: Ondřej Kučera <okt...@gmail.com>
Date: st 28. zář 2022 14:41
Subject: HabHub shut down postpone request
To: <ro...@habhub.org>, <upu...@gmail.com>, Michal Rybka <ok1...@gmail.com>, OK1CDJ Ondra Koloničný <on...@ok1cdj.com>, Jan Horák <janho...@gmail.com>

Hello,

I am writing to you on behalf of a Czech project Dotkni Se Vesmíru ("Touch The Universe").
Same as last year, the plan is to launch HAB trackers built by students from all over the Czech Republic, which they would then be able to track over HabHub. Most of the participants have finished their trackers and constructed the payloads by now.
As we have recently become aware, HabHub would shut down exactly as the first trackers would take flight. The launches are set to start on October 3 and should finish in mid October. All the teams have familiarized themselves (and are dependent on) habdec, which currently only supports uploading telemetry to HabHub. Furthermore, many HAMs who usually help out with tracking during flight (which allows the school teams to quickly travel to the predicted landing sites) would be unable to do so this year.
Therefore, we would like to ask you to postpone the planned shutdown until mid October, if at all possible. This would greatly increase the teams' chances of recovering their trackers, including footage from the on-board cameras.
Please let me know if there is anything we could do to help you maintain the server for a while longer.

Sincerely,

Ondřej Kučera,
TouchTheUniverse

Mark Jessop

Sep 30, 2022, 7:05:25 AM9/30/22
to uk...@googlegroups.com
It is likely that Habhub will continue operating partly into October.
However, I would suggest contacting the habdec developer and letting them know that it's time to add support for SondeHub-Amateur.

Alternatively, Horus-GUI is able to decode and upload RTTY telemetry to Sondehub-Amateur right now: https://github.com/projecthorus/horusdemodlib/wiki/1.1-Horus-GUI-Reception-Guide-(Windows-Linux-OSX)

73
Mark VK5QI

David Akerman

Sep 30, 2022, 7:22:54 AM9/30/22
to uk...@googlegroups.com
And another alternative; HABDEC can be made to emit telemetry as UDP packets which can then be collected by HAB Base and uploaded to sondehub/amateur.

Dave

Michał Frątczak

Sep 30, 2022, 7:40:25 AM9/30/22
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I know this all and proper sondehub update is on my todo list. Just need to find time.
If someone could show me example URL to upload to sondehub, I can hack a bash/python script quickly (what Dave is mentioning).
This will be least painfull for all for now.

Anthony Stirk

Sep 30, 2022, 8:16:21 AM9/30/22
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ondřej,

Its been extended back to the original plan of the 31st December. This date will not move.

Cheers

Anthony

Michał Frątczak

Oct 9, 2022, 8:08:34 AM10/9/22
to uk...@googlegroups.com
habdec has been updated with sondehub integration. It requires C++17 compiler now.