Cheaper alternative to GoPro

James Bell

May 12, 2024, 1:42:44 PMMay 12
to UKHAS
Hi everyone,

Great to be joining this community - thanks for everyone's insight and help - I'm just starting my project at the moment and amazing to have these resources available.

One question I have - what cheaper alternatives would people recommend to a GoPro? I'm planning on running two cameras - going to be using the Raspberry Pi HQ camera for taking photos but would like a second device for video.

Even an older second hand GoPro seems a bit too expensive given risk of losing the payload. I've seen some recommendations on here for cheaper alternatives but not sure what specific makes / models the community has validated work at high altitude conditions?

I've seen:
- Lightdow LD4000
- Gitup Git2
But in both cases seems difficult to source in UK / can't find second hand on eBay

Any specific recommended brands other than the above?

Thanks,
James

Philip Day

May 13, 2024, 5:45:02 PMMay 13
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, I've used Apeman in the past. But, I wonder if a GoPro form factor is perfect for your needs. It might be quite large.