RTTY decode for balloon flights on Android

Oliver de Peyer

Sep 3, 2022, 1:59:49 PM9/3/22
to Ukhas
I have been given a somewhat older but "ruggedised" Android phone (from Conker) so it seems to me to be just the thing for outdoors HAB chases etc.

So of course I have installed HAB Explora on it (thanks Dave!)

Is there an equivalent app for RTTY balloon tracking, like Matt's Android HAB Modem and Tracker used to?
More to the point, is there one on the Google Play app store?
(Try as I might I can't actually get the phone to allow sideloading apks)

Thanks in advance

Oliver

M0LVR

Kevin Walton

Sep 3, 2022, 5:11:52 PM9/3/22
to 'Oliver de Peyer' via UKHAS
Hi

I ported Matt's HAB Modem to Android Studio a while ago and made a few updates to it here:

https://github.com/KevWal/HAB-Tracker

There is an APK there you can download, but it doesn't fix the side loading issue you have I'm afraid :(

Cheers
Kev
--
Sent from my Android device. Please excuse my brevity.