Looking for a nice 3.3v LDO

Sasha Tim

Jan 13, 2024, 11:01:58 AMJan 13
to uk...@googlegroups.com, GP...@groups.io
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a THT 3.3v LDO that can handle 500ma of current for a 3.3v device.

I cannot find anything available online. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places?

73,

VE3SVF

Ed Moore

Jan 13, 2024, 11:23:40 AMJan 13
to uk...@googlegroups.com, GP...@groups.io
There should be tonnes. Are you optimising for low loss or efficiency or? LM317 is a good starting point

Sasha Tim

Jan 13, 2024, 11:41:15 AMJan 13
to uk...@googlegroups.com, GP...@groups.io
That's one of the potential ones I was looking at.

However, the specs say that the minimum input voltage for 0.5A is 3.75v, which is not ideal for a 1S lithium battery.

73,

VE3SVF

Steve

Jan 13, 2024, 12:13:46 PMJan 13
to GP...@groups.io, uk...@googlegroups.com

Ah the requirements become clearer - so I guess you are looking for something with about a 250mV drop out or lower at 500mA. Not easy.

    Steve

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#18804) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [st...@btinternet.com]

_._,_._,_

David Akerman

Jan 13, 2024, 12:20:43 PMJan 13
to uk...@googlegroups.com
The one I've used is MCP1825, max 500mA, dropout at 500mA typ 210mV max 350mV.

Dave

Steve

Jan 13, 2024, 1:36:45 PMJan 13
to uk...@googlegroups.com

Looks good - and dropout decreases with decreasing temperature.

    Steve