Launch Announcement - 15th June, Peak District

Tom Wardill

Jun 14, 2024, 7:37:57 AMJun 14
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Weather permitting, we're planning a launch between 07:00-10:00UTC
from around Stanage Pole in the Peak District.

Callsign: BLO0ON
Frequency: 433.92
Mode: 0 (telemetry)

We're expecting to fly roughly North/North East, aiming for about 20km.

If the weather isn't favourable, we have another window at the same
time on the 16th.

If anyone is able to assist with tracking, that would be appreciated.
Thanks for all the help recently, we'd not have got this far without it!
--
Tom Wardill

Mark Jessop

Jun 15, 2024, 3:39:42 AMJun 15
to uk...@googlegroups.com
I've updated the predictions on SondeHub-Amateur for the expected 20km burst altitude.

There's information on how the predictions work on SondeHub and how you can customize them for your payloads here:

73
Mark VK5QI

Tom Wardill

Jun 15, 2024, 5:47:59 AMJun 15
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much!

Looks like we were a bit slower and a bit higher than we intended, but all good.

Payload recovered!

Noticed lots of people receiving and uploading to sondehub, thanks everyone for the support!

Thanks,
Tom

Sent from a device prone to typos and terseness, apologies.

Ross G6GVI

Jun 15, 2024, 6:30:59 AMJun 15
to UKHAS
Well done Tom!
I was picking up your LoRa transmitter very well, even though your chosen frequency was in the busiest part of the ISM band, as shown by the web SDR in Bradford:
bradford sdr.png