Helium suppliers

Andrew Mulholland

Feb 23, 2024, 4:33:33 PMFeb 23
to UKHAS
With our previous supplier of helium (Click4Balloons/Click4Helium) it seems no longer hiring helium canisters (or even operating?), what is everyones helium supplier of choice nowadays? Got a summer launch or 2 coming up with students and need to start on the budget. Ideally needs somewhere we can collect from near London.

Many thanks
Andrew - Westminster School

John Laidler

Feb 23, 2024, 4:44:58 PMFeb 23
to uk...@googlegroups.com
I have used Partyrama who, having just checked, still seem to be trading. Prices have gone up, their large cannister is about £10 more than last year.

John

Steve

Feb 24, 2024, 5:58:42 AMFeb 24
to uk...@googlegroups.com

Interesting news about Click4 - your right I cant find any reference to Helium on their site.

The other suppliers (that still seem in helium supply business) are https://balloonhelium.co.uk/ and adams gases https://www.adamsgas.co.uk/product-category/helium-canisters/    balloonhelium worked out noticeably more expensive than click4 on rental.

Check out their deals and prices.  Adams gases offer a scheme where you effectively purchase the cylinder and get refills* - avoiding the need to pay a rental.  They also off the rental scheme too.  Generally Adams prices work out more expensive per cu m - but may be cheaper when you take rental into account.

BOC still seem to offer balloon helium - but I have no idea how you get it - I think they stopped sales to people without an account, new customers and resellers (all quite some time ago).

Unfortunately this is all a trend towards helium getting harder and harder to obtain.

    Steve

* actually they don't refill - just swap out for a full cylinder which becomes "yours".